Does body heat help to regulate the barometric pressure on the Riseman?

Thread: Does body heat help to regulate the barometric pressure on the Riseman?

Question Does body heat help to regulate the barometric pressure on the Riseman?

I notice when I take the Riseman and put it under cold water the barometric pressure goes way up, then after awhile in a room temperature room, the barometric pressure goes down to what it was before I put it under cold water.
    The MTG is retired and the 5600 too. Right now, the only working G-Shocks that I use and enjoy are the Riseman GW9200-1 and the GW6900-1

If I can own a Rolex Submariner I would. I know they are tough too, their homages are tough. Trust me.

G-Shock MTG930DA-8V, G-Shock GW-5600J-1. G-Shock Riseman GW9200-1, G-Shock GW6900-1

Re: Does body heat help to regulate the barometric pressure on the Riseman?

I would guess that the watter pressing on the watch 8and thus on the sensor) is changing the readout on your riseman. In Germany for example, typical pressure of tap water is between 4-6 bar.

IIRC, the Riseman manual does state this, or maybe it was discussed here. To get the most accurate Barometric pressure reading, keep the watch on your wrist so your body temp keeps the watch temp constant. But to get the most accurate Temp, take the watch off your wrist in order to record the ambient temp, however the Baro accuracy may suffer.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Thanks, I also noticed that when I put the watch under hot water the barometer pressure goes down, but goes back to normal when you go in room temperature.

Well, now that I know that keeping the Riseman on all time so you have the best barometric pressure reading. Maybe that is why they made the resin bad so soft, and why it doesn't irritate your skin like other resin band watches.
    The MTG is retired and the 5600 too. Right now, the only working G-Shocks that I use and enjoy are the Riseman GW9200-1 and the GW6900-1

If I can own a Rolex Submariner I would. I know they are tough too, their homages are tough. Trust me.

G-Shock MTG930DA-8V, G-Shock GW-5600J-1. G-Shock Riseman GW9200-1, G-Shock GW6900-1

Yes it will, as I dont believe the Riseman is thermally compensated like some of the newer Protrek`s. rapid temperature change will affect both barometric and altitudinal readings. It`s also best to calibrate the altimeter on wrist once the watch temp has equalised.

Q-6

Of course, as you realize, the reverse holds true for the Riseman's thermo function; you have to take it off for it to present a fairly accurate temperature reading.
    DW-9051/2
    G-9200 Riseman
    G-9100 Gulfman
    G-9000MC-8D Mudman
    GW5600J
    GA-100A-9A

Sucks to be without a G.

Thread Information