Does Casio Know About This?

Thread: Does Casio Know About This?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    buddha-g

Question Does Casio Know About This?

Okay, we have a pretty active forum here composed of members from every corner of the planet. Among us we probably have a few thousand G-Shocks and represent the G-Shock collector community (at least those who have discovered the forum. I'm sure there are others out there we have yet to meet.) We also have world-recognized G-Shock "experts" on board like Sjors and Ozzie who alone are like a two-man G-Shock promotional machine. I would go so far as to say a majority of current forum members were happy to discover Sjor's GPeopleLand web site and realize someone else out there was "into" G-Shocks. http://www.g-peopleland.com/main.htm

Has there ever been any effort to receive official recognition from Casio? I'm not sure exactly what that might mean, but personally I think it would be pretty cool if Casio made promotional materials like logo clothing and other items more available to their "fan base". Any thoughts?

Re: Does Casio Know About This?

Sounds like an idea! I think there are some official watch forums on watchuseek?!?

Wink Re: Does Casio Know About This?

Hi Buddha,

Don't be afraid Casio doesn't know my site. I have been contacted by Casio USA and Casio Europe. I also see that Casio JP frequently visits my site. My website is begun as a small website that got a little out of hand:-D. I believe it has about 516 pages right now, about 70 visitors a day and over 3Gb trafic a month!!!

About getting official, I don't know. Somehow I feel more comfortable when independent.

Cheers,

Sjors
    Last edited by Sjors; February 26th, 2006 at 15:22.
    There are only 10 kind of people. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Bezoek ook eens het Nederlandstalige WUS forum: Kaliber 2010

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

The Kobold forum on watchuseek claims to be official...

Wink Re: Does Casio Know About This?

There are only three official approved Fora on WatchUSeek,

Doxa,
    Jörg Schauer & Stowa and 121Time. Kobolt isn't in that list.

Cheers,

Sjors
    There are only 10 kind of people. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

buddha-g

Sjors, this idea wouldn't necessarily change your status. What you have accomplished stands on its own anyway. This was just an idea to help Casio and G-Shock collectors "connect" in a way which could be mutually beneficial. I would love to have more advanced notice of upcoming models, have some "easier" method for purchasing limited and Japan-only models, or even just being able to get something with a G-Shock logo on it. It's almost like Casio needs an "International" G-Shock "Club" with some member benefits.

Yeah, we could get the word on the latest collectors pices and maybe some goodies for being loyal customers.

I WANT A HAT!!!!!!! :-D

Was Japan, now back home in Cairns, Queensland, Australia

That's a great idea B-G but I'm sure us Forum people in no way make a slice % wise into the world wide CASIO Japan/US/Asian/Europe markets.

Japan really does have it's own market and It's booming domestically, both retail and collectors.

CASIO G-Shock's don' even advertise in Japan as they are simply a Japanese model that all know.

When In Japan, as long as it's a Japanese company and made in Japan, you are doing OK.

Any problems, faults, break downs, 100% of all Japanese manufacturers will ALWAYS treat the cutsomer as number one, wrong or right.

I really miss Japan and after being back in Australia, renovating with Aussie tradesman more worried about going home, dealing's on the telephone with banks, post offices, etc., it's a nightmare here and everyone is so unwilling to help and make mistakes and blunders left right and centre!

In Japan, I could not imagine in my wildest dreams this kind of service, and my wife who is Japanese is always really shocked with the appaling Australian attitude..

Of course I'm an Aussie, my parents are Brits., but I have learnt a lot since being in Japan and miss it incredibly.

We plan to return in a few years, and may buy a house and settle for good, or see what happens..

I just miss JP so much, especially the food..

Enough garble.. I guess one way to find out would be to email CASIO Europe/USA and ask..

I don't think CASIO Japan would take an interest but you can try...

All the best - OZZIE

Quote Originally Posted by buddha-g
    Sjors, this idea wouldn't necessarily change your status. What you have accomplished stands on its own anyway.
    I don't think I have much status. O.K. I have a few G's and have put them on the internet... The point is that I rather have a independent point of view, although I think we have about 99% or more positive G-Shock posts and threads...I've been a reporter of a regional pop music magazine, which acted independant from the pop platform. It was good to be independent when we discovered some very fishy things going on in the platform...

Quote Originally Posted by buddha-g
    This was just an idea to help Casio and G-Shock collectors "connect" in a way which could be mutually beneficial. I would love to have more advanced notice of upcoming models, have some "easier" method for purchasing limited and Japan-only models, or even just being able to get something with a G-Shock logo on it. It's almost like Casio needs an "International" G-Shock "Club" with some member benefits.
    Well, now you are talking;-D. I get already updates from the new G-Shock models coming up. All yopu need to do is sign up the JP G-Shock Club. I bekieve there was a US version once, but it disapeared with the old G-Shock.com website. Easier acces to new JP only models would be fantastic and "FAN-wear" and goodies would be terrific. I have a nice collection of G-Shock related items, but I would love to have more of them
    I have contacted Casio once after they contacted me about thos promotional items, but got no answer back...

Cheers,

Sjors

Oh me too... i want a hat BAD... And other stuff too!!! How about a SJORS model! :) Seriously! that would be AWESOME!!! Or a watch with our own logo on the case back or something.

I have seen many copanies with "custom" G's... Heck, I have a dozen... No where near the ZILLION that Oz and Sjors have.. LOL.. but Im still hanging on to that "HIGH END" dream LOL... yet, I wear my G's more than any of my NICE Seikos or Swiss Tissot or Hamilton models. LOL...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information