Does Casio use same resin bezel on several models?
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Mike K

Thread: Does Casio use same resin bezel on several models?

Does Casio use same resin bezel on several models?

I'm new to G-Shock, I've seen several models that looked to have similar bezel and dimensions. Are they actually identical and iterchangeable?
    My watch is GWX-8900B, the other even has a similar number which all are 8900.

Name:  post-18749-1454949775.jpg
Views: 235
Size:  34.6 KB

GLS-8900
    Name:  post-18749-1454949788.jpg
Views: 213
Size:  41.6 KB

GR-8900

Re: Does Casio use same resin bezel on several models?

In general, yes, Casio often uses the same bezel shape for many different models. In this particular case, all four of the GWX-8900 models PROBABLY use the same bezel, but I'm not sure if those are interchangeable with the other two watches you have pictured.

The same four-digit suffix in a number is NOT a guarantee that parts are interchangeable. Currently, Casio makes at least three different sized "6900" models that use three different bezels, which are NOT interchangeable.

The many different 5600 models GENERALLY use one of five bezels, and we even have a chart showing which bezels fit which 5600 models.

Sorry for the "definite maybe" in your particular case -- hopefully someone who has experimented with different 8900 models comes along with more specific answers!
    domoon likes this.

Great answer Mike K!!!

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

One thing to know.. Trial and error..🙈🙊✌✌

hawlrite!
    Hawlrite!
    PaLigis

I've looked some parts from similar models with bezel and resin band. they cost about 65% of my watch. I guess it's better to buy a new watch rather than playing with mod.

Quote Originally Posted by yvliew View Post
    I've looked some parts from similar models with bezel and resin band. they cost about 65% of my watch. I guess it's better to buy a new watch rather than playing with mod.
    Are you sourcing parts from eBay or did you get a great deal on the watch?!

The price for straps for the GWX-8900 are a little outrageous, but I'm seeing outer resin bezels for that model for $10 and $16.

On the other hand, if you want a new inner metal bezel, outer resin bezel, and strap, that could add up fast -- I'm just trying to figure out why straps for these different models are so expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike K View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by yvliew View Post
    Are you sourcing parts from eBay or did you get a great deal on the watch?!

The price for straps for the GWX-8900 are a little outrageous, but I'm seeing outer resin bezels for that model for $10 and $16.

On the other hand, if you want a new inner metal bezel, outer resin bezel, and strap, that could add up fast -- I'm just trying to figure out why straps for these different models are so expensive.

I got my watch for RM361($86) new. I checked eBay for the whole set including bezel, inner bezel and strap. Some cost around 50+ . so its not practical for modding.

If you were in the US (which you're not) I'd say that eBay is generally an expensive place to buy G-Shock parts and that there are cheaper options.

For these models, though, I'm still not sure why one of those "cheaper options" is charging $33 to $50 USD for just a strap -- so by the time you add a bezel and shipping halfway around the world, you'd probably spend even MORE than eBay.

Since they only charge about $6, $8, and $11 for straps for the DW-6900, GW-6900, and DW-5600E, I really don't understand why 8900-series straps are so expensive in comparison.

Thread Information