Does DST have you scrambling for your G-Shock manuals?
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Does DST have you scrambling for your G-Shock manuals?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Does DST have you scrambling for your G-Shock manuals?

Ha ha ha ha! Having a lot of G's is cool, but when DST comes and goes, I can't always remember what's what with each model. They are similar, yet some are different. For once in my life I went to look for the manuals and I had all of them with a rubber band around them, exactly where I expected them to be.

It's a good excuse to use time.is dot com, and get all the little beepers in sync again. I find the hardest part is remembering how to EXIT the settings on the diff. models after I fix the time. And this time I made notes on the manual covers, like "Motorcycle", "Aviator", "Baby G" etc. to make it go a little quicker next time.

Rock-on / Shock-on people.
    whatcha got in the dark if you ain't got tritium or a backlight? a wristband is all ...

Re: Does DST have you scrambling for your G-Shock manuals?

only the GW-3000 have me scratching my head and went online to read its manual
    yankeexpress likes this.

I must not have enough G-Shocks yet -- I didn't need a manual to change any of their times!

It probably helps that I have more solar/atomics that updated themselves than I have "regular G's" that I had to manually change.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

CMOWE (Central Madhouse Of Western Europe)

Only the pure analog models can be confusing at times. It's very simple on the digitals and on the modern ana-digis's, in fact it is as easy as to sync them to an atomic source.

cheers
    We are 12.6 %

Actually rangeman supprised me a bit.

It synced and now the time shows DST.

Granted i never bother to read the manual but for some reason I expected time to be right but I didn't expect to see "DST" in time mode.

I'm still trying to decide if I like to constantly be reminded of "DST" when I look at the time.
    If it bugs me too much I might just turn the DST off and adjust the time. But , as they say , this is subject to change without notice...
    "Do you like having a good time? Then you need a good watch!" - Rocky Balboa, Rocky II, 1979

Quote Originally Posted by G-fob View Post
    I used to have MTG1000... man... this gotta be the least intuitive watch of all time... you could read the manual 10 times and there would still be things you won't know how to do...

This + sucky lume killed it for me so it was flipped with no regretts.
    "Do you like having a good time? Then you need a good watch!" - Rocky Balboa, Rocky II, 1979

Quote Originally Posted by G-fob View Post
    Admit I went to the .pdf manual for my 3000M, but then I remembered it is simply hold the A button until the hand sweeps to R at about 7 o'clock and wait for it to sweep to Y for radio reception.
    Today would be a good day to delete your Facebook account, Here is why:

https://forums.watchuseek.com/f73/fa...l#post48047643

10 reasons to dump facebook:

https://www.komando.com/tips/527072/...cebook-in-2019

im more pissed that my watch hasn't received a signal yet

Quote Originally Posted by yankeexpress View Post
    Admit I went to the .pdf manual for my 3000M, but then I remembered it is simply hold the A button until the hand sweeps to R at about 7 o'clock and wait for it to sweep to Y for radio reception.
    I love how intuitive some casio analog watches are..

A, than wait for R and than... what was it y?

Is it any wonder so many of us simply stick with ditigals...

I live in Ft. Collins, with a window facing the transmitter, so I expected all three of my Gw-300's to synch automatically. Two did, but the third ignored DST, even when I left it outside overnight on the balcony. All of its other features worked, and the light was bright, so I searched the manual, toggled DST manually and all is now well. These are pretty old, but I like the features, including current time in large digits, stopwatch mode and the time record, so I will keep an eye on it and hope for the best.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information