Does G-56B look childish?

Thread: Does G-56B look childish?

Does G-56B look childish?

Dear all

I am planning to buy a black G-056B. After showing my wife its picture in the internet, she said the watch looks very childish. I will appreciate if you can give some opinions on this watch. Does it look very childish?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Re: Does G-56B look childish?

no it looks very good
    we do the same as our missus do what ever we say they do the opposite
    so buy it just to get up her nose lol

I just purchased this model recently. This watch is very cool and in my opinion is not childish at all. What more, I think it epitomizes what a sport watch should be. It's more of a runners watch. It's light and very thin (the thinnest G-Shock to date)

Watch out if you use the stopwatch a lot. The stopwatch on this model is different and it focuses on sport matches or timed events. It does not have a lap counter. The Solar model (GW-056) has a lap stopwatch.

The Timer function is absolutely brilliant with 9 intervals and auto repeat. This is a great function when timing your sport routine. The Solar GW-056 does not have this. It has a regular timer.

This watch also only has ONE daily alarm. So if you use multiple alarms per day or if you need a specific alarm for a specific day/month, this watch is not for you.
    ...It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live!

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I think almost all G-shocks look pretty childish and should not be worn by people over 18 years old, only the 5600 (5000/5300) and 56/056 watches are watches I would wear. (sorry all you G-addicts just a matter of personal taste...)

Quote Originally Posted by Hanzemannetje
    I think almost all G-shocks look pretty childish and should not be worn by people over 18 years old, only the 5600 (5000/5300) and 56/056 watches are watches I would wear. (sorry all you G-addicts just a matter of personal taste...)
    Just out of interest, Hanzemannetje, how old are you?
    I used to list my watches here until I realised it ruined people's Google searches...

I have reached the repectable age of wisdom, I am in my thirties.

No flame-intentions by the way, just my opinion. the 5600 series are in my opinion very well designed. Lots of G's are overdesigned. More is sometimes less... less is more, if you know what I mean.

Quote Originally Posted by Hanzemannetje
    More is sometimes less... less is more, if you know what I mean.
    Yes, I know what you mean. I think there are one or two more Gs that might meet your criteria, though. The DW-6900 and G-8000, maybe - although not everyone will go for the styling of the G-8000. I'm happy that all the Gs pictured below look fine on my 51 year-old wrist - but then I may be on my way back to my childhood...

We can still be frivolous as we get older, as long as we have a built-in 'absurdity-detector'.
    I used to list my watches here until I realised it ruined people's Google searches...

Its not quite my cup o tea, and I see her point, but im not sure I would call it childish... IMHO, theres jsut somethign about it that I dont dig... but thats jsut me. They had those at Costco the other day! :)

Finally I bought the G-56B.Can't resis the temptation. This is my 3rd G shock in 2 months!

The watch is very confortable and the strap is very wide. One little complain is the button is very hard to press. I have to make a few attempts just to change the mode. It may get me some times to get use to it.

Thank you Hanzemannetje, cold hit,dingosrun, tribe125 and Jeff C for posting.

Thread Information