Does This G-Shock Exist Yet?

Thread: Does This G-Shock Exist Yet?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Does This G-Shock Exist Yet?

I really like the MTG910DA except for one thing, no countdown timer. Having found a watch really close to what I want, does such a G-Shock exist with the following features or has anyone heard if one will be available in the near future?

Atomic Timekeeping
    Solar Powered
    Countdown Timer
    Alarm(s)
    Lengthy metal or steel bracelet for a 21cm wrist or 8.5 inches
    Simultaneous display of time, day of week, and date

The closest I've seen is a version of the MTG911, the newer Mission Impossible III watch. Not sure of the exact model number but it doesn't have the Atomic Timekeeping but does have a countdown timer. I'm starting to think that I may not really need the atomic timekeeping function because I'm at work when the watch checks for the signal at the early hours of the morning and I'd probably not be able to get a signal inside my work building, anyways. Of course, I could try to manually get the signal when not at work.

Thanks for any help or ideas

Re: Does This G-Shock Exist Yet?

Quote Originally Posted by PostalMike
    I really like the MTG910DA except for one thing, no countdown timer. Having found a watch really close to what I want, does such a G-Shock exist with the following features or has anyone heard if one will be available in the near future?

Atomic Timekeeping
    Solar Powered
    Countdown Timer
    Alarm(s)
    Lengthy metal or steel bracelet for a 21cm wrist or 8.5 inches
    Simultaneous display of time, day of week, and date

The closest I've seen is a version of the MTG911, the newer Mission Impossible III watch. Not sure of the exact model number but it doesn't have the Atomic Timekeeping but does have a countdown timer. I'm starting to think that I may not really need the atomic timekeeping function because I'm at work when the watch checks for the signal at the early hours of the morning and I'd probably not be able to get a signal inside my work building, anyways. Of course, I could try to manually get the signal when not at work.

Thanks for any help or ideas
    Its easy to get the signal manualy ! I have done in my hand being real stil !
    And really like the atomic feature ! I doubt there is anyplace n North america you can't pick it up and even better in winter !! mine set thereself every night here in Michigan !! By the way I just picked up the MTG 910 DA for $89.00 at Sams Club !! I think MSRP on them is like $200.00

Quote Originally Posted by pipes
    Its easy to get the signal manualy ! I have done in my hand being real stil !
    And really like the atomic feature ! I doubt there is anyplace n North america you can't pick it up and even better in winter !! mine set thereself every night here in Michigan !! By the way I just picked up the MTG 910 DA for $89.00 at Sams Club !! I think MSRP on them is like $200.00
    That's an excellent price, pipes. My local JC Penney had them for $200 but with 25% off, making it still pricey at $150. If it had a countdown timer, instead of the time stamp feature, I'd definitely have one on my wrist right now.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Banned

Hi Mike,

Unfortunately I don't believe any of the Atomic models have a countdown timer on them . For some reason somebody at Casio though it would be a good idea to put a completely useless feature such as the Time Stamp or Time Memo on the atomic models :oops: . This has been a topic of discusion here before as nobody seems to use this feature. In place of this nutty feature the countdown timer would have been a GREAT thing to have instead .

CMOWE (Central Madhouse Of Western Europe)

I agree, it's really a shame that the MTG-910 is lacking a countdown timer. however, to my taste it is one of the best looking g-shock's made to date if not THE best. with a countdowntimer it would undoubtely the perfect G, so right now its just almost the perfect G.

I'm pretty certain in the not so far away future, casio will release a module with atomic timekeeping (probably five band) AND countdown timer. I'd say get a MTG-910 now and just switch modules later.

regards, holger
    We are 12.6 %

I don't ever use a count down timers as I can do anything with the watch I need ! I need the alarms for timing my insulin shots or checks so the 5 alarm thing is my main feature for ME
    And I think its a GREAT looken G and at the 89 BUCKS I got mine for at Sam's club I just love it !!!
    And I may be the one of few that use a time stamp feature to tell me when I last took insulin !!
    Last edited by pipes; August 14th, 2006 at 08:00.

Hey, Pipes, I read here you need insulin shots (I guess you're not the only one who used his countdown timer for that purpose!)
    Myself, I got diabetes II, so I don't need shots (only pills), but -given the large number of people with diabetes I, Casio could make a special model as a tribute to them...calling the watch "sweet sugar" or something ZZ, with the special "red cross button", which provides access to 1st aid and other emergency phone numbers or information...

Slightly highjacking the thread (I'll be short...) since Casio has been known to make "Back Street Boys" watches et.al., they could consider -within a definite marketing drive- to make a "red cross/crescent" model, something, the possibilities in fact are rife...

Quote Originally Posted by Brian D.
    Hi Mike,

Unfortunately I don't believe any of the Atomic models have a countdown timer on them . For some reason somebody at Casio though it would be a good idea to put a completely useless feature such as the Time Stamp or Time Memo on the atomic models :oops: . This has been a topic of discusion here before as nobody seems to use this feature. In place of this nutty feature the countdown timer would have been a GREAT thing to have instead .
    some of the atomic G does have countdown timer

but the bad news is that they only have 60 min (max) countdown timer and i think they can only have adjusted by the minute (so you can't set the timer to 30 sec, must be at least 1 min increment)

O|

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by stockae92
    some of the atomic G does have countdown timer

but the bad news is that they only have 60 min (max) countdown timer and i think they can only have adjusted by the minute (so you can't set the timer to 30 sec, must be at least 1 min increment)

O|
    Really :-S ? I wasn't aware there was one. The GW-9000 does, right? Which other ones do?

Brian D. - The GW-5600 also has a 60 minute countdown timer.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information