Does the GW6900 have as loud an alarm as the DW6900?

Thread: Does the GW6900 have as loud an alarm as the DW6900?

Does the GW6900 have as loud an alarm as the DW6900?

I know that it's typically said non-solar batteries produce a louder beep than a solar one, but is this the case with the GW6900? I've heard that the DW6900 has one of the louder alarms of the G-shock models so i would assume everything would remain the same when transitioning over to the GW6900, a solar/atomic model. Anyone know for sure or have both to offer a clear comparison?

Banned
    Brokeback Mountain, The Balkans, N. Korea, NY, The Middle East.....all the nice places on earth

Re: Does the GW6900 have as loud an alarm as the DW6900?

The GW6900 has a very weak alarm that's not loud at all. On the other hand, the DW6900 alarm is very loud.

Do you know if it's the weak 10 second alarm or a longer one?

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

It's 10 seconds. So far the loudest I have are the G-7900, G-3010 and G-7710 (very different from all the rest because the sound is polyphonic).

Greetings, Sedi
    Cheers
    Sedi

Thanks for all the help. I'm looking into picking up this classic because it's cheap... and i guess cause it's classic and i like the design. However, the estimated battery life of 2 years concerns me. Are they just being conservative or do you think it'll die in that short of time? I plan on using the light probably a couple times every day, alarm several days out of the week, and no hourly chime.

Casio are famously conservative in estimating battery life. With your usage, I would expect the battery to last four or five years (and that may even be conservative too).
    I used to list my watches here until I realised it ruined people's Google searches...

Thanks for all the help and information guys! I went ahead and pulled the trigger on one yesterday so i have a classic G incoming.

One more question, i noticed the adjust button is very recessed, is it going to be hard to press? Most G's have an adjust button that you just have to hold down to avoid the "accidentals" that i think they were trying to accomplish with this recessed button.

the older G's buttons are actually very easy to press. unlike the newer G's, all you have to do is press the adjust button once. with the current G's, you have to hold down the button for about 3-5 seconds in order for you to engage the adjust mode. with the classic modules, just one press and you're there. that's why the buttons are recessed, just so you won't go into adjust mode by accident and accidentally change the time. Personally... I prefer the old way. the buttons are easier to press and easier to adjust. also, the timers can be adjusted to a single second. the newer ones, they're adjusted only to the minute for some strange reason.

^^^ Good to know! So i won't be having to dig at the adjust button or fumble for a pen to try and press it?

not at all. if i remember right, the button is actually semi recessed. in the front, the bezel covers the button. but behind it, there's a notch in the bezel that allows your finger more contact with the button. i'm not sure if i'm making any sense. those who have observed the button before knows what i mean

Thread Information