Does a pathfinder look ridiculous on a 6 in. wrist?

Thread: Does a pathfinder look ridiculous on a 6 in. wrist?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Does a pathfinder look ridiculous on a 6 in. wrist?

I love all the feature of the pathfinders, particularly the huge digits. Problem is that my wrist is tiny? Anyone out there wear pathfinder on a 6 inch wrist? How does it look? A pic would be great. Thanks.
    "Happiness is nothing more than good health and a bad memory."--Albert Schweitzer

Banned

Re: Does a pathfinder look ridiculous on a 6 in. wrist?

Sorry, but probably. I have a 7.5" wrist and it still looks big. My wife makes fun of me when I wear mine (PAG-40).

Quote Originally Posted by flipangle View Post
    I love all the feature of the pathfinders, particularly the huge digits. Problem is that my wrist is tiny? Anyone out there wear pathfinder on a 6 inch wrist? How does it look? A pic would be great. Thanks.
    I use to own a pathfinder, though it was a midsize, and it still looked pretty big~Cheers!

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Here are my PAW1500's on a 71/4" wrist ...

... I think it looks big on me as I am sure others do. The only consolation is I don't care If YOU like it then it fits. Cheers-Ronbo

Don't forget also that these watches are meant to wear big anyway and that big seems to be in trend, although I would recommend seeing it in the shops first before you commit yourself.

Pathfinders have a lower profile and for this it won't seem so big on the wrist as other Gs. I am considering one myself these days
    Stowa Marine Automatic solid silver dial Hamilton Jazzmaster Power Reserve | Jazzmaster Viewmatic Seiko 5 SNZD13J1 | 5 SNZE87J1 Parnis Power Reserve Accurist Kinetic Chronograph MB 560 Casio (G-Shock) GW50001JF | DW5200C | DW5600C | DW5600R3 | G7800B1DR | DW6600 |​ DW6630B (modded) Casio (Protrek) PRG-240B

you can check the SGW100, which is excellent, has temp/compass (no barometer), and is small enough. It's also very cheap compared to its quality.

or those mini pathfinder that don't have the compass.
    G9100BP - GLX5600 (*4) - G5600 (*3) - GLS5600 - GWM5600 - G7710 - G2500 (*2) - SGW100

Hi.
    My wrist is only 6 1/4inches but that doesn't stop me from wearing them. I find it helpful to have them worn firmly and not loose as they would then kinda 'flip-flop' side to side when you move your arm around.
    Hope the following pix are of some help:
    Name:  Protrek_PRT-40_1.jpg
Views: 1381
Size:  42.7 KB
    vintage Protrek PRT-40
    Name:  DW-9300_1.jpg
Views: 1251
Size:  46.8 KB
    DW-9300 Raysman
    Name:  PRG-50_1.jpg
Views: 1878
Size:  56.6 KB
    Protrek PRG-50
    Name:  SPF-40w_1.jpg
Views: 1494
Size:  63.9 KB
    SeaPathfinder SPF-40.
    These are all fairly large watches as you can see.
    Rgds.

lvt

Quote Originally Posted by flipangle View Post
    G-Shock is the only watch that can accommodate all wrist sizes without being visually ridiculous, they are also unisex and universal in terms of wearers's age.
    Ball - Casio (G-shock) - HMT - Longines - Parnis - Seagull - Steinhart - Tissot - Victorinox - Yema

I've got fat wrists (heck, I've got a fat body), and my PAG-80 looks large when I wear it. Not too large, just bigger than the normal watch. However, it is by far the easiest to read of any of my Casios. Don't think of it as a watch, think of it as a wrist mounted navigational instrument that happens to tell time.

I'm in the same boat as you, I'm looking at a gd-100 g shock that is 55x51 mm. I probably have like 5.75 inch wrists if I remember correctly.

I did try it on and was surprised how much I liked it considering how large it was and how small my wrists are. I think these watches are supposed to be worn big, so people won't think your a freak. Well hopefully.

Best would be to try it on and see how you like it. You will probably feel wierd wearing it for the first week then that will go away.
    Last edited by Watch Buyer; October 1st, 2010 at 13:18.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information