Doing the (somewhat) impossible

Thread: Doing the (somewhat) impossible

Suspended

Doing the (somewhat) impossible

About 5 days ago I was talking to one of my friends (who knows a LOT about G-Shocks) and I asked him if I could replace my DW-5600E's stiff, uncomfortable strap with a 5600C's. He told me it was impossible as the 5600E had 16 mm strap while the 5600C had an 18 mm strap. And being the kind of guy I am, the kind who won't believe something until he tries it himself, I went on eBay and bought myself a vintage 5600C strap. After like half an hour of trimming, fitting, and making the straps perfect, I took the straps off my 5600E and started. Finally after like 45 minutes of trying to squeeze the pins in the small hole, I did it. I now have a 5600E with a 5600C strap. I'm very proud of myself, although I know to some of you this is nothing in comparison to some of the other things I've seen people do. But I'm happy with it as this is my first attempt at modifying a G-Shock. The strap is so flexible, soft, and comfortable in comparison to the 5600E's original strap. In the picture you can see the word "Illuminator" On the face of the watch to prove it's not a 5600C. And you can see the ridges in the strap which prove that I changed the strap. Anyone else ever tried, and succeeded in doing this? I'd love to hear about it.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Last edited by King of Pop MJ; May 13th, 2011 at 05:02.

Re: Doing the (somewhat) impossible

That was really necessary? I wore my friend 5600E and it was very comfortable, better than 6900E strap.
    Only waste of money, time and health for me. :)
    Have a great day!

Suspended

I thought it was pretty cool. The strap on the 5600E was a bit uncomfortable to me, but we all have opinions.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

near Manhattan... Status: Changing course, hard about

Hmmmm... looks like it didn't come out quite right. I see a distortion on the strap where it meets the casing on the lower right corner. In any case, if you're happy with the strap then good going. But, like kurzjak, I find the DW-5600E strap very comfortable. The one I have is a bit worn... maybe it gets more comfortable over time?
    In rotation: Citizen Attesa ATV53-2834, Eco Drives | Omega Seamaster | CASIO: TW-7000, MRG-220, RevMan, G-2000D, DW-5700ML, GW-9100 | Seiko SKA-413, SBPG001

Quote Originally Posted by xevious View Post
    Hmmmm... looks like it didn't come out quite right. I see a distortion on the strap where it meets the casing on the lower right corner. In any case, if you're happy with the strap then good going. But, like kurzjak, I find the DW-5600E strap very comfortable. The one I have is a bit worn... maybe it gets more comfortable over time?
    Probably, mine 6900 was not very comfortable at first but when you take shower with the watch and wear it everyday, it's more than allright. :)
    Have a great day!

Thread Information