Don't you think the upcoming Gulfman is ugly?

Thread: Don't you think the upcoming Gulfman is ugly?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Don't you think the upcoming Gulfman is ugly?

I like the idea of having the moon tide graph, atomic, and solar but I just don't like the design layout of the screen. Anyone else agree? I was hoping the upcoming gulfman to look exactly like the current one with addition of the moon and tide graph or in another design. It looks like Casio just took the non atomic and solar gulfman and just added solar and atomic...

Anthony

GW94001CR Rangeman, Seiko Astron
    SSE089 , Omega Speedmaster, Seiko Sportura ...etc.

Banned
    Brokeback Mountain, The Balkans, N. Korea, NY, The Middle East.....all the nice places on earth

Re: Don't you think the upcoming Gulfman is ugly?

It doesn't look that bad. The shape is proportionate.

I personally like the design of the original gulfman and am excited to see that they are moving back toward that styling. I just wish the bezel was black like the original as well...

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

It is basically a GW7900 module in a GW9100 case. I don't think this is a groundbreaking design Looks like Casio took a cheap shortcut

Citizen AT4004
    Spork SRP034K1
    Stealth GA-100 1A1
    Black Knight Quartz
    Orange Monster
    SKX175 Pepsi
    Riseman Rising Dragon, Pathfinder PRG80, Oceanus, G1000H

Quote Originally Posted by JERSTERCA View Post
    It is basically a GW7900 module in a GW9100 case. I don't think this is a groundbreaking design Looks like Casio took a cheap shortcut
    IMHO, the GW-7900 was just released too early so that it seems to be GW-9110's "father". Its module is quite what the atomic Gulfman should have been like in 2007 because a Gulfman without maritime info is somewhat pointless.

Using the same module in non-master models has happened before - for example in the GW-9000 Mudman and GW-810H.

Inactive

Not ugly, but a bit boring.

But as usual, real life experience might change my mind, though.

I think it's a big bummer it dont display current time in all modes...

What makes the gulfman GW-9100 so good looking in part is imo the interaction between the blue tinged screen, black casing and the titanium ring. The new one loses out on that and looks dull in comparison imo. I would pick the older 5 band mode on looks in a heartbeat.

I don't think it's ugly. And stop obsessing about what we all think about Gulfmen -buy the one YOU like

CMOWE (Central Madhouse Of Western Europe)

Quote Originally Posted by JERSTERCA View Post
    they did to save money, although their prizes increased drastically since the economy crisis and so did their sales figures...

Quote Originally Posted by MRG-1000
    Using the same module in non-master models has happened before - for example in the GW-9000 Mudman and GW-810H.
    right, but at least the display layout was slighty different then, which i can't see to be the case with the GW-7900/GW-9110.

Quote Originally Posted by Coler
    What makes the gulfman GW-9100 so good looking in part is imo the interaction between the blue tinged screen, black casing and the titanium ring. The new one loses out on that and looks dull in comparison imo. I would pick the older 5 band mode on looks in a heartbeat.
    lookwise i absolutely agree with you. the "old" GW-9100 was and still is a real looker, i've always admired that 5 shooter revolver design and the clear, big digits. functionwise i could never bring myself to buy one. the 60 min CDT, too short el, lack of tide graph (not that i need it, it's just a matter of principle), no day and date simultaniuosly, lack of the 5th. light button were always dealbreakers for me. i do have this shortcomings in other watches as well, but not for the price i would have to pay for a GW-9100...

cheers
    We are 12.6 %

Inactive

Quote Originally Posted by cal..45 View Post
    lookwise i absolutely agree with you. the "old" GW-9100 was and still is a real looker, i've always admired that 5 shooter revolver design and the clear, big digits. functionwise i could never bring myself to buy one. the 60 min CDT, too short el, lack of tide graph (not that i need it, it's just a matter of principle), no day and date simultaniuosly, lack of the 5th. light button were always dealbreakers for me. i do have this shortcomings in other watches as well, but not for the price i would have to pay for a GW-9100...
    Well spoken, I agree 100%.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast