DQ-7511 - Unloved G-brother (Non Casio content)
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: DQ-7511 - Unloved G-brother (Non Casio content)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

DQ-7511 - Unloved G-brother (Non Casio content)

Probably most of you already know about mu love for G-squares. Reading and searching about them one day I just found something very very interesting - Citizen DQ-7511.
    Does anyone hare have any more info about this model? And why Citizen abandon this line? I would love too see some battle on this field (tough digital watch). Don't cont TIMEX and their Ironman series. They age just UGLY as hell (If not uglier. Never been in hell ... but in my nightmares everyone there wears TIMEX or GX-56).
    Interesting here is why there's no difference in the model number of both watches. The backs are identical - P130-311485TA / DQ-7511 / GN-4-S.

Whatever - Posting this thread here (F-17) coz im sure that this model will be interesting for the G-Shock readers of this forum. If i did wrong - please move it to the right section.

Name:  IMG_2326.JPG
Views: 1035
Size:  183.0 KB

Name:  IMG_2330.JPG
Views: 1039
Size:  183.5 KB

Name:  IMG_2334.JPG
Views: 1466
Size:  192.8 KB

Name:  IMG_2346.JPG
Views: 995
Size:  206.5 KB

Name:  IMG_2344.JPG
Views: 977
Size:  187.2 KB

Re: DQ-7511 - Unloved G-brother (Non Casio content)

never seen one of these, super cool! Makes me want to buy one.

I know that member gaijin has one of those but he has not been active on the forum since may - I hope he's all right. They're pretty cool. One ebay listing stated the model is from 1985 which would be younger than the DW-5000C and therefore probably a direct clone of the design. But I don't know if there ever was any ecvidence to who was first with the design. I think it was Casio as the Citizen definitely looks like the copy and not like the original. Still very interesting piece. The GN-4-S is on almost any Citizen caseback I saw so far - someone once said it's a code on how the watch is to be opened. In this case I'm guessing there might be a screwback case under the plastic back-cover. Did you take it off? Surely someone has as the battery would never last that long.

cheers, Sedi
    Cheers
    Sedi

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Sedi View Post
    I know that member gaijin has one of those but he has not been active on the forum since may - I hope he's all right. ..... The GN-4-S is on almost any Citizen caseback I saw so far - someone once said it's a code on how the watch is to be opened. In this case I'm guessing there might be a screwback case under the plastic back-cover. Did you take it off? Surely someone has as the battery would never last that long.
    When i first find out about this watch ... i find and the gaijin's post here. I did asked him with PM if he is willing to sell his watch or for any info about it. No response at all. I hope he's all right too ...
    About the case back .... there's no screwback under the plastic metal back-cover. The module is there. Just like the newer Casio design (DW-5600E). Better part of this watch is the SS body. Not like the composite Casio version. The SS with plastic back screwed with SS screws to the SS body - solid and really cool.

Ah, so it's like a mixture between the Casio steel case design, with no screwback but with a 4-screw backplate - similar to many Edifice models. Nice, sturdy and still easy to open without a special tool.

cheers, Sedi
    SheepOnDrugs likes this.
    Cheers
    Sedi

My favorite model of g´s are this, that they try to "clone", and it looks great, and even seems to have a certain charm saying citizen on it! i´d buy one defenetly.
    is there only this two, our should i say only this model, because they are exactly the same, excluding the face, with some minor changes, our they make more?

LUW

Definitively one of the nicest 5600 clone I've seen. Coincidentally, there was a guy trying to sell one locally here but the watch was in terrible shape.
    Cheers!
    Luciano

I have one, too.
    They are sturdy constructed watches.
    And although the Design is clearly a DW-5000/5600 clone (or vice versa?), the constructuion differs.
    For example, the mentioned ss back which is held by four screws which is then covered with a plastic/resin protector instead of a rubber protector under the caseback.
    The case protects the module differently, too.
    The module sits directly in the SS case and the outer resin shell is mounted with a gap to the case which is fileld with an elastic, rubber like material.
    Mine is halfway apart ATM, I´ll see that i do some pics when i get out the watch projects - I need to do some DW 6600 module and DW 6900 display shots anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by SheepOnDrugs View Post
    Never been in hell ... but in my nightmares everyone there wears TIMEX or GX-56
    LOL!
    In my nightmares, nobody there wears a watch, but looks down at his/her iPhone to check the time: "Yep, same as always--I have to wait an eternity before I am done atoning here!"

In my opinion they look like clones of DW-5000C and DW-5200C
    Can someone show pics of all display function of this citizen?
    Wearing: HAMILTON automatic Chronograph
    Owned: HAMILTON aC 041520, Atlantic SEAHUNTER, Boctok Aмфибия; casio DW: 5000C-1Y 5600E-JDM 1500; Электроника 5

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information