a dream we all dreamed...
Like Tree52Likes

Thread: a dream we all dreamed...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

a dream we all dreamed...

I recall many times when pretty much most of us shared a sentiment - wouldn't it be cool if we had a Casio employee to harass about all the things we are interested in, especially on the new stuff

Well, I think it's time we all said a big THANK YOU to

JohnatCasio

for being so helpful in the two upcoming threads for all of us to enjoy
    GShockMe, MCZK, jbg7474 and 1 others like this.

Re: a dream we all dreamed...

I just hope he doesn't get into trouble for it or ppl harass him to much that he runs away.

It's great to have an official person on here who can answer our questions. It was great to get a better look at the GDX6900 and the Rangeman. Look forward to seeing upcoming stuff as well..
    Milos and Silverswoosh like this.

Thank you, JohnatCasio. Hope that you will stick around and hang out with us often.

Question for John. How do you know the WUS G-Shock forum and for how long?

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

After being a big fan of mechanical watches with "heritage", but am now owning the most watches from Casio lol. They might not have soul, passion and history as other watchmakers, but they still make such lovely watches...
    It doesn't matter how much the watch costs, it only matters if it makes your heart tick.

LUW

Quote Originally Posted by RejZoR View Post
    They might not have soul, passion and history as other watchmakers, but they still make such lovely watches...
    I really cringe when I hear something like this, specially from a WIS. Since when a mechanical watch made by machines has a "soul" ?
    Ottovonn, JonL and angrypossum like this.
    Cheers!
    Luciano

And who says a quartz can't have a soul? My Protrek can even smile!

Last edited by JonL; August 21st, 2013 at 16:48.

The whole "quartz has no soul" argument is just something people like to dream up to convince themselves that they made the right choice by buying an impractical and inaccurate watch. I have nothing against mechanicals, they are interesting for a variety of reasons, but when you have to bring "soul" into the argument, you might as well bring "nostalgia" which is just another vehicle that companies use to market to us. Even G-shocks are not immune to that. Look at how many DW-5000C commemorative anniversary editions there have been.

Soul, nostalgia, pride, tradition, heritage, fashion...

All = $$$

And all are pretty much useless labels slapped onto something to convince people to buy it.

Quote Originally Posted by LUW View Post
    I really cringe when I hear something like this, specially from a WIS. Since when a mechanical watch made by machines has a "soul" ?
    And what makes you to have a "soul" as people say for humans? Exactly the same nonsense. Definition of something having "soul" is the sheer fact that it has some unique characteristics, that makes it special. The reason why mechanical watches have "soul" is because they are pure machines, without a single electronic component and because they beat like a heart (sort of). Nothing else. Casio watches don't have either as they are pure electronic. But that doesn't change the fact that they are nice or good watches that do the job of timekeeping very well.
    scottjc likes this.
    It doesn't matter how much the watch costs, it only matters if it makes your heart tick.

At least it's better than Hyundai's car adverts which say horrible things like "design that puts you in control" (who else would be driving?!) And "efficiency that keeps on delivering mile after mile" bleuurrrrgh.....

Driving around in a Hyundai sounds like driving around in your business plan from work... which I suspect is what it's like.
    Crater likes this.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information