"Dressiest" Waveceptors?
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: "Dressiest" Waveceptors?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

"Dressiest" Waveceptors?

Hi guys, I've recently come up short in my search for an affordable automatic with specific criteria. So I've switched my search to kill two birds with one stone instead - I was wondering if there were any solar-atomic Waveceptors out there that would be good for office wear, yet be nice and clean enough for the occasional formal occasion? Perhaps something with no numbers on the dial, a clean silver case and bracelet, with the option for a leather strap swap in? LED light would be a nice bonus. $150-175 max.

Re: "Dressiest" Waveceptors?

I think one of the LCW-M100D, specifically the LCW-M100D-1A3jf. It's low 200s but has what you want. I had an LCW-M150TD and it works great for casual and with a suit. It has an LED, which is decent, the digital screen isn't too big or obvious so it works well with a suit. I am not sure if the M100D will take a strap, I know my 150TD did not. The north american market wave ceptors are not very good looking in my opinion. The European and Japanesse ones are much better, and a bit more expensive. Perhaps you can find a used one for much cheaper I know I lost about 40% when I sold my LCW-M150TD. There is an all analog model with no lume, but its titanium, and cost about 400.

LCW-M100D-1A3jf

Name:  LCW-M100D-1A3JF_l.jpg
Views: 998
Size:  145.4 KB

Ebay search link

LCW-M100D | eBay
    Last edited by Fer Guzman; June 16th, 2013 at 04:13.

Quote Originally Posted by Fer Guzman View Post
    I think one of the LCW-M100D, specifically the LCW-M100D-1A3jf. It's low 200s but has what you want. I had an LCW-M150TD and it works great for casual and with a suit. It has an LED, which is decent, the digital screen isn't too big or obvious so it works well with a suit. I am not sure if the M100D will take a strap, I know my 150TD did not. The north american market wave ceptors are not very good looking in my opinion. The European and Japanesse ones are much better, and a bit more expensive. Perhaps you can find a used one for much cheaper I know I lost about 40% when I sold my LCW-M150TD. There is an all analog model with no lume, but its titanium, and cost about 400.

LCW-M100D-1A3jf

Name:  LCW-M100D-1A3JF_l.jpg
Views: 998
Size:  145.4 KB

Ebay search link

LCW-M100D | eBay

Thanks, that looks a touch nicer than the WVA-M630D-1AJF I found (that has gray buttons).
    Last edited by wallet-shock; June 16th, 2013 at 04:18. Reason: typo, yo

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

The model I pictured is from the lineage line which are a tad better looking.

Current wave ceptor models
    WAVE CEPTOR WATCH -

Current Lineage models
    LINEAGE -

Citizen and Seiko also have some good solar/radio-controlled models, but I think Casio has the best bang for buck.

Thanks. I originally overlooked the Lineage line due to higher pricing but it looks like a few of them can be had for under $200.
    Fer Guzman likes this.

One or two of the Oceanus range possibly? also GIEZ if you can find them now.

Thanks. Already have a pretty sublime Giez but it's not quite clean enough. The Oceanus line's way up there in price.. Speaking of price, for around $30-40 more, you can move from a Lineage to a Citizen AT (solar atomic with sapphire glass).. So that might make more sense! At least some of the Waveceptors are below $100.
    Last edited by wallet-shock; June 17th, 2013 at 04:01.

The cheaper wave captors are definitely not very good looking for business casual/business attire.

Quote Originally Posted by Fer Guzman View Post
    The cheaper wave captors are definitely not very good looking for business casual/business attire.
    Definitely. Even the WVA-M630D (one of the nicer Waveceptors) isn't as nice as the Lineage models. The local Costco is selling the CB0010-53L at $217 USD, might as well just grab that since the Lineage models are in that range.

I like my Lineage, a tad busy with the numbers and cities but at least it doesn't have a digital display. Thin, with solar, multiband and tough movement, think I paid around $200 from Japan a few years ago.

Name:  CasioLineage01.jpg
Views: 759
Size:  163.3 KB
    wallet-shock likes this.
    Casio G-Shock DW-9900-1A
    Casio G-Shock G-7700-1ER
    Casio G-Shock G-9000-3V
    Casio G-Shock G-9100R-4
    Casio G-Shock G-9200MS 8DR
    Casio G-Shock GW-9010-1
    Casio G-Shock GW-9100-1
    Casio Lineage LIW-T110D-1AJF