DST for LAX is set to AUTO but...

Thread: DST for LAX is set to AUTO but...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Question DST for LAX is set to AUTO but...

I just got a new casio AWG101-1A and Ive already set my home time as LAX and the DST is set to auto. How come my watch is still 1 hour late? If I set it to ON the watch will adjust it correctly. But isnt the AUTO supposed to detect whether the current date and time uses Daylight saving? Thanks guys.

Re: DST for LAX is set to AUTO but...

It won't correct itself until it gets a signal tonight from Denver. Then it will be on the correct time.

Auto DST won't display correctly until the watch recieves the time signal successfully.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I got the watch last night. Aren't they suppose to update at night?

To manually update, I need to press and hold the "forward" button in time keeping mode right? Does the watch need to be steady as in steady while it's doing the manual update?

Quote Originally Posted by humblehyper View Post
    I got the watch last night. Aren't they suppose to update at night?
    yes, but it doesn't always work. signal strength must be strong enough. all wave ceptor g-shocks will have some sort of indicator that will let you know if the watch ayncged successfully within the last 24 hours. check the manual.

Quote Originally Posted by smittythepig View Post
    yes, but it doesn't always work. signal strength must be strong enough. all wave ceptor g-shocks will have some sort of indicator that will let you know if the watch ayncged successfully within the last 24 hours. check the manual.
    Oh I see, Ill try to do a manul update later. Signal in the office is not that good. Ill do it at lunch time. Does the watch need to be steady as in rock steady? Thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by humblehyper View Post
    To manually update, I need to press and hold the "forward" button in time keeping mode right? Does the watch need to be steady as in steady while it's doing the manual update?

If by steady, you mean physically -- yes. You can't wear the watch and sync. The manual shows the proper position for the watch to sync. It can be hard to get a manual sync during the day.

Quote Originally Posted by jaws revenge View Post
    If by steady, you mean physically -- yes. You can't wear the watch and sync. The manual shows the proper position for the watch to sync. It can be hard to get a manual sync during the day.
    OK thanks! Ill do it tonight then. Thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by jaws revenge View Post
    I'll have to beg to differ here guys....my GW-9000 mudman syncs on my wrist almost everynight (I sleep with the watch on)....and I am all the way down here in Miami.....and I tend to toss and turn quite a bit....
    "Strength equals health; one cannot be healthy without being strong."-Eugene Sandow

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information