Dual time and date displayed at the same time in solar atomic Casio?
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By SupaPictave
  • 1 Post By vanz

Thread: Dual time and date displayed at the same time in solar atomic Casio?

Dual time and date displayed at the same time in solar atomic Casio?

Hi,

I am quite new to watches - I started wearing one again just late last year (Fossil CH2599 http://www.ewatchshops.com/fossil/CH2599-2.jpg). Now I am looking for something more serious. I am looking for a G-Shock (or edifice with tough movement) that will have those features:
    • solar powered
    • atomic
    • displays second time zone
    • displays date (at the same time as the second time zone)

I found that GW-A1000D-1AER and EQW-A1110DC-1A have all of that, but are on the expensive side to say the least... It's quite difficult for me to check all the manuals for digital G-Shocks to check if they can do that (it's easy with the analog ones, I just need to look at the dials). Some that I checked display second time zone or a date, never both at the same time. Can some of you help me with that?

I tried looking at other brands and the Citizen Skyhawk comes close, but I've read it has a date bug - it displays the date for the second time zone, which is a problem as I want to look at time zones that are 7 hours apart.

I think GWM850-1 can be a candidate to what you are looking for.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

Re: Dual time and date displayed at the same time in solar atomic Casio?

Try the GW-3500 :

You can display 3 independant time zones. The first obviously uses the two main hands. The time set in Worldtime mode is shown permanently on the sub dial at 3 o'clock (hour only). And finally, the lower screen shows the date of the main TZ, but it can display a third TZ by switching between T1 and T2.

On this picture, the watch is set on Paris as the main TZ, worldtime subdial shows UTC (-2hrs), and the lower screen displays the date of the main TZ. I can instantly switch between T1 and T2 by pressing the "Search" button. By doing this the screen will show for a few seconds the date of the T2 TZ (Sydney for me), then the hour.
    Last edited by SupaPictave; September 3rd, 2012 at 12:25.
    StephenWatch likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

The orange digits are cool on this watch. This is why we are watchoholics.
    The MTG is retired and the 5600 too. Right now, the only working G-Shocks that I use and enjoy are the Riseman GW9200-1 and the GW6900-1

If I can own a Rolex Submariner I would. I know they are tough too, their homages are tough. Trust me.

G-Shock MTG930DA-8V, G-Shock GW-5600J-1. G-Shock Riseman GW9200-1, G-Shock GW6900-1

Also GW2500B-1A
    Name:  uploadfromtaptalk1346672483853.jpg
Views: 1054
Size:  34.9 KB

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2
    StephenWatch likes this.

Off topic but in case you don't know the G7710 family (and G7700), it is not solar nor atomic, but it has a 7 years battery and has the best features regarding time measurement : including displaying time in 2 time zones while displaying full date, also it can display 3 time zones simultaneously (no date), week number, number of days eluding/remaining in year, 3 stw, 2 chained timers, and more.
    Attached Images Attached Images

G9100BP - GLX5600 (*4) - G5600 (*3) - GLS5600 - GWM5600 - G7710 - G2500 (*2) - SGW100

Quote Originally Posted by LLothar View Post
    I tried looking at other brands and the Citizen Skyhawk comes close, but I've read it has a date bug - it displays the date for the second time zone, which is a problem as I want to look at time zones that are 7 hours apart.
    I have 3 x Skyhawks - can't say I've noticed that before, indeed am wearing my Citizen carbon promaster right now, and it's fine??
    Never argue with an idiot - they'll only bring you down to their level and win from experience...

GW7900B (Stealth modded), GW7900CD-9ER (slightly modded), G7900A-7ER (Camo modded) G7900MS-1BDR, GW2500BD, ProTrek PRG 60YT (RIP), Chase Durer Mach 3, 2 x Citizen Skyhawks (Black & Titanium), Citizen Carbon Promaster JY0075-54E, 2 x vintage Seiko Chronographs, Invicat Grand Diver, Citizen BL5280-52E. Casio GWA 1100-1AER, GWG 1000-1A3ER (J&K metal bracelet conversion). GA400...

Quote Originally Posted by StephenWatch View Post
    I have 3 x Skyhawks - can't say I've noticed that before, indeed am wearing my Citizen carbon promaster right now, and it's fine??
    Date is slave for the second time zone for all watches with u600 movement.

https://forums.watchuseek.com/f305/ci...3e-520593.html
    Last edited by LLothar; September 4th, 2012 at 08:30.

Quote Originally Posted by LLothar View Post
    Date is slave for the second time zone for all watches with u600 movement.

https://forums.watchuseek.com/f305/ci...3e-520593.html
    mmm... guess if you have a real desire to know what date it is in a 2nd time zone - that could be a deal breaker! (though, with a UTC sub dial, and a common sense approach to where the continents of the world are located, you could survive)...

Another issue raised on that thread was the way the crown acts as the 'mode' change button, it really isn't a problem at all!!

See here:-

https://forums.watchuseek.com/f21/her...ng-734875.html
    Never argue with an idiot - they'll only bring you down to their level and win from experience...

GW7900B (Stealth modded), GW7900CD-9ER (slightly modded), G7900A-7ER (Camo modded) G7900MS-1BDR, GW2500BD, ProTrek PRG 60YT (RIP), Chase Durer Mach 3, 2 x Citizen Skyhawks (Black & Titanium), Citizen Carbon Promaster JY0075-54E, 2 x vintage Seiko Chronographs, Invicat Grand Diver, Citizen BL5280-52E. Casio GWA 1100-1AER, GWG 1000-1A3ER (J&K metal bracelet conversion). GA400...

Thread Information