DW-002 Bezel

Thread: DW-002 Bezel

Confused DW-002 Bezel

Good morning from sunny Hampshire, UK

I know this has probably been asked a million times on here, but to save trawling time searching the forum I'd like to pose it anew!

I recently acquired via ebay a DW-002, (black & grey). When I dismantled it to clean it up, I noticed cracks in the bezel, something which I've since found is very common on this model. Anyhoo, it had been badly glued together which I also found had leaked through onto the body of the watch, hence when I removed it, the thing came off in two pieces. Not too bad you might think, but after a good soak, (which I do to lots of casios I clean up), it basically literally fell apart even more and went to bezel heaven

Does anyone know, short of buying a complete watch from the 'bay at stupid money, where I might be able to het hold of a new or decent used bezel, or dead watch I could use for spares? Also, and I don't know the name of the part, I need one of the grey rubber bits that just sits under the strap & is screwed to the body, sort of a "H" shaped piece, as one was missing when I received it.

Apart from that the watch is nicely working thanks to a new battery, and everything else is in good condition. I have considered selling it on as is, but am loathe to just yet in case something turns up.

Pictured is what I have left, (less the strap which didn't need to be photo'd):

Thanks guys,

Rick

Re: DW-002 Bezel

I think your best bet is to find a used one in good condition. Or sell the parts you have and put it in the fund for used one.

It will be difficult probably, not many dw-002 in good shape and cheap come around.

Hi Rick, very fond of Hampshire and hoping to move that way myself . Sadly, DW-002 bezels are jolly rare in Hampshire and everywhere else

I think if it was me if you really like it I'd keep what you have in case of aftermarket re-issue or 3D printing or something else saving us.

Finding original resin is an option, but if you want to wear the watch bear in mind it will be old and will suffer from the same problems sooner or later.

The other option is what Crater suggested - put this one down to experience and move it on. Seems a good module though - no obvious scratches? Loctite glue remover would take care of that residue

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Crater, Pritch, cheers, and yes it's in damn good condition with no scratches to the module. I never thought of glue remover - DOH! I'll keep looking for now as I really like the watch!

I have a bezel that I could get rid of. I'm 99% sure it is a DW-002, I'll have to double check when I get home. It was a jelly so I dyed it black, looks good but could use another soak in some dye because I had to use liquid RIT. Send me a PM maybe we can make a deal. I also have other spare parts to the watch, I'll post a picture once I get home.

Melbourne (Studying) / Putrajaya Malaysia (Home)

Reliving an old thread.
    In search of dw002 bezel for my first g-shock.
    Please do pm if you wanna sell or donate.

ive become alot wearier these days when it comes to dw002s. i love the retro chunkiness but it seems theyre all cursed with the resin rot gene. sure you can find good examples but who knows how long till they turn to dust! the alternative is to get dw6900 resin and rebirth it. not quite the same but at least youll be able to wear it with confidence. good luck!
    Grandma's chicken salad

IG: soulbridge_media
    IG: thegcollective

6900 resin won't fit on a DW002 case. Only hope is to find a "donor" watch and prey that the bezel hasn't started to rot. I've seen more rotted 002 bezels than any other G. They're hard to find in good condition.
    Hook 'Em!!

"One who is good at making excuses is seldom good at anything else." ---- A. Wiseman

^ah you are correct, my bad. i managed to confuse myself with all the dw002 and 003 parts on my desk lol. the 003 will fit, the 002 is a big ol chunky module, its a shame cos i have a couple dw002 modules that would look great in 6900 resin
    Grandma's chicken salad

IG: soulbridge_media
    IG: thegcollective

Melbourne (Studying) / Putrajaya Malaysia (Home)

Finally manage to find one from dw0097. Manage to find it in MercadoLibre and track down it down to the company. Too bad the site only serve south americans. site.Bezel Casio G-Shock DW-002 [F6] - Hospital dos Rel?gios
    But its way in brazil. Anyway i already contact seller and make payments, hopefully the seller send the items. Finger crossed.

Thread Information