DW-003

Thread: DW-003

DW-003

Ok I'm new here but I have an old school g shock dw-003 white. I bought a new one and I want to convert the band to what my 003 is so what im looking for are the keepers that the band goes through. Ive called parts and they have been discontinued. so does anyone know where a person can pick some up. id like to get red black and white. but anything will prob be fine now. It the grey plastic pieces that the yellow band is going through.
    thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images

Re: DW-003

Quote Originally Posted by jlrenken View Post
    ...so what im looking for are the keepers that the band goes through. Ive called parts and they have been discontinued. so does anyone know where a person can pick some up. id like to get red black and white. but anything will prob be fine now. It the grey plastic pieces that the yellow band is going through.
    thanks
    Welcome to WUS!

When you "called parts and they have been discontinued," who exactly were you calling, and what exactly were you asking for? If you called Casio directly, I'm not sure that they've got a good grasp of "this part # also fits these models."

In what part of the world are you located? There are several other "parts places" in the US you might check, and one place in the UK that is highly spoken of here.

I don't know much about the DW-003, but if those "grey plastic pieces" are the same "resin strap adapters" that Casio used on other models, [link to picture] including their 5600 Glides, I'm hoping they haven't been discontinued entirely -- those parts ARE becoming a little harder to find right now.

Im located in the USA Iowa is the state I live in. and yes it looks like the right pieces. its where the straps goes though. I called the east cost deal that casio recommended. any links or sites you can guide me too.
    thanks

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

To be honest, after two years of hanging around this forum, I can't recall a single parts thread where ANYBODY talked about their experiences buying from American Perfit.

If you search the forums for PacParts, on the other hand, you'll probably find at least one thread per week. Their website is (as far as I know) the greatest Casio watch parts resource and database on the internet, and a lot of WUS members have purchased parts from them, including myself. The only "bad" things I can personally say about them is that their shipping USED TO SEEM* sort of high if one was ordering non-breakable parts like screws and bezels, and that it was sometimes a long wait for the occasional part to travel from Japan to PacParts and finally to me. (*Their minimum shipping charge has dropped from $10.95 to $4.95 last time I looked.)

I'd definitely recommend checking their website or (better yet) giving them a call about the part in question which (last I heard) was "not in stock, usually ships in two to three weeks*."

You also might want to call Casio USA at 1-800-223-2001 -- for quite some time, they also sold parts directly to consumers, then stated on their website's "Parts" page that they would no longer do so, and now their webpage is back to the way it was before.

Thread Information