DW-003 with no sound!

Thread: DW-003 with no sound!

DW-003 with no sound!

I bought this DW-003 off the 'bay, which needed a battery. I have installed one (10 screws later) and reset it a few times but the sound doesn't work, while everything else does, including the EL backlight...

I tried a "no sound" search but couldn't track any ideas down other than keep resetting it. I should note the module needed to be seated after I opened the back, as it sort of popped up. I think I did that part successfully.

Any thoughts? Also, I was thinking a "Trouble Shooting" subforum might be in order, akin to the How to... threads.

:thanks,
    Neil

Re: DW-003 with no sound!

is the little spring which makes contact from the module to the back cover there?
    Brad
    Have a great day.

I bet it's the spring, too.

If it's gone, you can use a bit of copper wire. Trim the plastic coating off, and cut a piece that's about 2-3mm long. On the module you'll see several holes where the wire (previously the spring) can fit in, but only one hole is the right one. There should be a cutout for it in the rubber layer that goes over the module. The wire needs to be long enough to touch the caseback.

Put the wire in that hole, press and hold the caseback on (no need to screw it on unless you know it works) and then test the buttons. If your beep comes back, all you need to do is just lube up the gasket and install the caseback.
    Last edited by sl8763; September 4th, 2009 at 03:58.
    Simon

WTB - More wrists

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

If I'm not mistaken, you can also take one of the springs out of a spring bar and use it in place of the original alarm spring. You really have to be careful of these little buggers when you change batteries.
    Regards from Texas,

Larry C

Great ideas guys! I don't have any spare spring bars, but I'll hijack some copper wire tomorrow at work.

The spring actually was there, but I started tinkering with it, thinking it wasn't making good contact, and lost the bugger. I really know better, but if you put ANY kind of pressure on it, it'll fly!

I actually took the dramatic step of using a Swifter sweeper trying to find it, to no avail.

I'll post how it goes with the Cu wire.
    Neil

Thread Information