DW-004 G-lide has arrived.

Thread: DW-004 G-lide has arrived.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

DW-004 G-lide has arrived.

So, recently I announced that I had won this DW-004 on eBay for about $27usd. Well, today I got it and it is cool! First of all, this watch is huge! The case isn't any larger than that of a DW-6900 but the thick velcro/buckle strap is not only wide but really thick. This thing sticks out like an inch from my wrist! The watch itself is very straightforward and features a stopwatch, 24hr. countdown timer and single alarm. That's it, simple.

It's the only G-Shock I have that's Japan made and its fit and finish is first-rate. The color scheme is not really my taste but it's growing on me and I've only had it a few hours. I've heard that these bands are comfortable and that is true. It doesn't put any uneven pressure on the wrist and it gets to the point that you can't even feel it. Pretty sweet.

The other touch that I like is the EL backlight. It's got a G-lide logo that's visible in red when the backlight is activated. Not very functional but very nice. The best part of this deal is that it was used but has absolutely no appearance of wear and tear. The former owner even went as far as to change the battery for me! How cool is that? Anyways, hope you all like the pics and I'd love to hear what you've got to say. Opinions welcome.

Last edited by tseely; August 28th, 2007 at 03:05.
    It's always sunny in Boise!!

Re: DW-004 G-lide has arrived.

It does look brand new, and I'm quite liking unusual colours lately. Congratulations on a neat bargain.
    "The future is something which everyone reaches at the rate of sixty minutes an hour, whatever he does, whoever he is." C S Lewis

I like it... I had one jsut like it but in all white... wore it for a dip in the tub and it crapped out on me. Looks like yours will last a little longer! GReat look... Love that strap!
    Suunto... Replacing Luck!

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

tseely, great find! Hey, just having fun the other night about the blue field!!
    "Well done is better than well said." - - Benjamin Franklin

Modest Collection:

G's, GA-110C-7A (my white G for summer), GW-5525A, GW-5600J, GW-500A
    Seiko's, Kinetic (SKA259), Chrono (SNA304), & (3) Seiko 5 Automatics
    Casio (non-G), AQ-47 (My oldest, living watch)
    Timex, Expedition, Ironman

Next Watch...Mudman???

Once you have tried these straps you will never go back to anything eles. LOL The DW-004 is one of my favorites. If you are paciant and look you will find a DW-004 in a color you like. There are 7 or 8 that I have seen of the modual 1826 that I have seen so far.
    Stan The Man

Careful what you wish for. YOU MAY GET IT!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff_C View Post
    I like it... I had one jsut like it but in all white... wore it for a dip in the tub and it crapped out on me. Looks like yours will last a little longer! GReat look... Love that strap!
    It crapped out on you in the tub?!?! That kinda makes me nervous. I'm sorry to hear about your watch though. That sucks.

P.S. Thanks for the comments! It's much appreciated.
    Last edited by tseely; August 28th, 2007 at 05:08. Reason: added text

Quote Originally Posted by Clearview60 View Post
    tseely, great find! Hey, just having fun the other night about the blue field!!
    Oh yeah? It's okay to admit the fact that you actually like the trademark blue field. By the way, the season starts soon! Stay tuned.....

G-Shock & Sales Moderator DragonJade's Avatar

That's a chunky looking thing. Have you got a Mudman you can compare it to in the same picture?

Wink Re: DW-004 G-lide has arrived.

Hi Tseely,

That's a very nice G-Lide. Actually I have replaced a battery of such one last week and I was planning wearing it this week. Wear in good health!

Cheers,

Sjors
    There are only 10 kind of people. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Bezoek ook eens het Nederlandstalige WUS forum: Kaliber 2010

Quote Originally Posted by DragonJade View Post
    That's a chunky looking thing. Have you got a Mudman you can compare it to in the same picture?
    I don't yet own a Mudman so I took a quick pic of the DW-004 next to a DW-6900 since the "6900" is a G that nearly everyone is familiar with. Sorry for the poor quality of the pic as I was press for time. Hope it helps!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information