DW-004 re-paint illuminator button?! Pls. Help! - Page 2

Thread: DW-004 re-paint illuminator button?! Pls. Help!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Re: DW-004 re-paint illuminator button?! Pls. Help!

Alright, here we go:

That what I used for my failed mod:

Name:  DSC04317_2.jpg
Views: 219
Size:  368.9 KB

This is where everyhting was alright...
    I waited approx 30mins until the nail polish was dried. After I used the Qtips dipped in the nail polish remover in order to remove the yellow nail polish swipe by swipe.

Name:  DSC04318_2.jpg
Views: 253
Size:  297.5 KB

and this was the unsatisfying result...with clear nail polish on top.
    I have bubbles in the yellow part. The clear nail polish is not smooth on the surface...

Name:  DSC04406.JPG
Views: 200
Size:  317.9 KB

Name:  DSC04389.JPG
Views: 198
Size:  333.5 KB

Name:  DSC04407.JPG
Views: 201
Size:  346.5 KB
    Last edited by bellonautomatic84; December 13th, 2011 at 21:59. Reason: wrong english
    Cheers
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________

I think your basic problem is... that you have taken the photographs far too close!!

Oh well, think of the experience you have gained, your painting technique is fine, and you do have another button on order - don't you?
    Never argue with an idiot - they'll only bring you down to their level and win from experience...

GW7900B (Stealth modded), GW7900CD-9ER (slightly modded), G7900A-7ER (Camo modded) G7900MS-1BDR, GW2500BD, ProTrek PRG 60YT (RIP), Chase Durer Mach 3, 2 x Citizen Skyhawks (Black & Titanium), Citizen Carbon Promaster JY0075-54E, 2 x vintage Seiko Chronographs, Invicat Grand Diver, Citizen BL5280-52E. Casio GWA 1100-1AER, GWG 1000-1A3ER (J&K metal bracelet conversion). GA400...

It looks pretty good for a +15 yr old watch. Only you can notice the imperfection (they big the hell out of me, too), but from more then a couple feet away it looks fine. I say good job!

Sent from the Office of the Reincarnated President of the Republic of Texas
    Hook 'Em!!

"One who is good at making excuses is seldom good at anything else." ---- A. Wiseman

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Stephen, you are right. My GF said the same...if you dont like it, why do you then show to everyone how bad you did it - in close-up pictures. :D ;) She was right...like always. lol.

Thank you for encougraging me, but this looks really bad and I need to find another solution...how to fix such things. Maybe I took the wrong nail polish or the wrong remover...I dont know.

I ordered a new button, but I think this guy will never send it. I asked him for prices for different parts...needed the module number...and never replied again.
    Looks like he doesnt wanna make business.

Tsip: I got the same impression, when I stopped looking at the freakin watch with the loupe...it doesnt look thaaaat bad from "far far away." lol.
    The issue is my own perfectionism.

Anyways, thanks guys for your help and If anybody can help to make this better and revise the button - besides just ordering a new button - I am open for advices on this.

And most important is: It´s not looking nice, but it´s unique! ;) (German proverb)
    Last edited by bellonautomatic84; December 14th, 2011 at 07:36. Reason: Adding fun. :)
    Cheers
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________

...still searching for that DW 004 case, if you are still interested, maybe there is even a button on it...

if you have one, I am surely interested in it. Because I think uhrenhaus-24.de will not help me out that soon.
    Do you already have the case or you are still searching?
    Cheers

I had to look to make sure. I did once buy a DW 004 i robbed of it´s resin to complete another one - It was, as fortune wants it a yellow one with intact crystal and a fairly good G button with yellow inlay. The crystal is not perfect, but good - You can even have the module (without the alarm, spring, though, but fully working, if you like.
    PM me your adress and if you pay the shipping costs, it´s yours.

I just received a mail from Uhrenhaus-24.de and they told me, that there are no cases/pushers, crystals, etc available anymore - not even through Casio.
    So it would be great if you could send me the spare parts you mentioned above.
    Cheers

That´s the stuff i found:

Will come without batt and alarm spring, but as you can see, it runs and it will beep with a spring.

Just PM me your adress, please.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information