DW-03 and G-3010: Risky deal on Ebay or should I give it a try?

Thread: DW-03 and G-3010: Risky deal on Ebay or should I give it a try?

Banned

DW-03 and G-3010: Risky deal on Ebay or should I give it a try?

Hello fellows, I need your help. I tend to pull the trigger on a rare G-3010 in combination with a DW-03 for sale on Ebay.

As stated both are rougly worn and have no batteries inside. How hard is it to find a spare parts for the G-3010? It is green and blue colored, green with blue inner circle bezel. Are there still interchangeable parts from similar types availabled, just in case?

I love the duplex display and it looks much better than the 3011 in my opinion.

Here is the pic:

Looks like it just needs a good cleaning to me. A few bumps in an old G just adds character. Maybe clean it up and paint the lettering to a color of ur liking.

Sent from the Office of the Reincarnated President of the Republic of Texas
    Hook 'Em!!

"One who is good at making excuses is seldom good at anything else." ---- A. Wiseman

Banned

Re: DW-03 and G-3010: Risky deal on Ebay or should I give it a try?

I cannot find any reference material about these type of G-3010. What is its exactly description.

Edit: I decided that I cannot get over the color combination. I try to hunt a G-3110 instead but where can I find those bezel covers for it?
    Last edited by chrisbo28; May 8th, 2011 at 03:49.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Banned

I don't wanna push these "boring" thread for no reason but I found a decent G-3110. The only flaw is a lost strap cover both-side. The important question to me is the strap of the G-3010 intechangeable with the G-3110 strap, so I wouldn't need an extra cover?

sorry, I can't help you much there. I've never actually seen a 3010 or 3110 in person. But, that 003 looks nice!
    Hook 'Em!!

"One who is good at making excuses is seldom good at anything else." ---- A. Wiseman

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Tsip85 View Post
    Looks like it just needs a good cleaning to me. A few bumps in an old G just adds character. Maybe clean it up and paint the lettering to a color of ur liking.

Sent from the Office of the Reincarnated President of the Republic of Texas
    Maybe you are right. I've mad my mind once again. The green and blue one is at least a complete watch and a sure shot, so I've recently sniped the buck for 22,31 €uros

The seller had no idea what she was selling, cause the description were only suitable for a quick flee market sale.

Just for the impression:

The left one with the stock bullbars is the G-3110 but these bullbars were a deal breaker to me. Rather go with rare color combination than with this stuff.
    Last edited by chrisbo28; May 8th, 2011 at 17:58.

The resin parts and straps of the 3010/3011 models are intercghangeable.
    Here are 2 g-30** i owned - and still miss.

Both watches have been modified by me.

BTW: i bid on that auction, too. did you win ibn the end?

Banned

Yes I did, but 22,31€ is like gambling, especially for a roughly worn G.

That's my G-3110 with bull bars in the picture! They are a great watch indeed. I know maybe some don't like the integrated bull bars, but makes for one tough watch. VERY comfortable wearing. Changing the battery in these is NOT real easy, though if you are careful it can be done. Lots of screws and spring bars to get to it. A set of springbars goes through the end pieces and another set holds the bracelet on. Two screws secure the end pieces on top, and the backplate screws go through the end pieces as well. The duplex display is super cool. I wish they would bring it back in some form or another. This model has a very loud alarm, timer, stopwatch, snooze alarm, great backlight. It was a real winner in my book. I know the bracelet version came out in early winter 2001.

Banned

I recently found a G-3010 which I prefer on Ebay-Kleinanzeigen, payed 40,00€ including shipping for a 3010 in like mint condition. Meanwhile I try to get refunded for the mentioned auction due to the return policy.

What use has a bigger display when you cannot get over the assymetrical appearance. That's why I prefer the 3010 over the 3011, it is a classy looking G.

It is this one here:

I hope that I don't get scammed.

Thread Information