DW-290 Module 1219 Japan M contact spring locations

Thread: DW-290 Module 1219 Japan M contact spring locations

DW-290 Module 1219 Japan M contact spring locations

Hi - does anyone have a picture they can share of the contact spring locations for a DW-290 module 1219 stamped Japan M? I have two contact springs, a longer silver and a shorter gold, and I've lost track of their correct mounting locations. Also, is just these two the correct number of contact springs? Thanks in advance, Mike

Re: DW-290 Module 1219 Japan M contact spring locations

Not sure about the longer silver spring, but the gold one is the alarm spring.

There will be a hole in the module with a small kind of cut out in the circumference, this matches the end of the spring that has an end sticking out.

Does the body of the watch have a hole somewhere under where the backplate goes?

The only time I've seen a second spring like that is usually if the watch has a metal section to the bezel, apparently those springs act as a sort of ground for static electricity because of the steel bezel piece and contact the bezel to the backplate.

I don't think the 290 should need any sort of grounding spring though.

Sent from my P027 using Tapatalk
    A watch is for life, not just for the WRUW thread!

Thanks SodaMonkey - under the backplate (metal battery holder to a plastic body) there are a couple of holes where the short spring fits. All look like they match to a contact on the module itself. So without a picture or a matching watch so I can compare it's just guessing on my part. Mike

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by MSadowski View Post
    Thanks SodaMonkey - under the backplate (metal battery holder to a plastic body) there are a couple of holes where the short spring fits. All look like they match to a contact on the module itself. So without a picture or a matching watch so I can compare it's just guessing on my part. Mike
    Like I said, the hole where the short gold spring goes looks like it has a cut out in it, and will be made of plastic, have a look at the close up photo below to give you some sort of idea.

This hole is cut out to match the end of the spring with a bit stuck out from it.

Hope that helps you more.

Hi - I do see this feature where the long silver spring goes but I don't see anything similar for the shorter gold spring.

The gold spring could fit in any of a couple holes. Here is a picture showing one of those placements but I don't know if this is correct and I'm concerned with a trial and error approach. I'm also not sure about how to reset the watch when I replace the battery. Thanks, Mike

Name:  WP_20190328_11_59_16_Pro.jpg
Views: 43
Size:  1.44 MB

Quote Originally Posted by MSadowski View Post
    Hi - I do see this feature where the long silver spring goes but I don't see anything similar for the shorter gold spring.

The gold spring could fit in any of a couple holes. Here is a picture showing one of those placements but I don't know if this is correct and I'm concerned with a trial and error approach. I'm also not sure about how to reset the watch when I replace the battery. Thanks, Mike

Name:  WP_20190328_11_59_16_Pro.jpg
Views: 43
Size:  1.44 MB
    If that's your module, the alarm spring, (which is usually a gold one), should go in the hole to the lower left of where it is in your photo, the hole with a plastic rim and a cut out in.

TBH, the colour doesn't matter at all because if you lose it you can easily replace it with one from a spring bar which are silver. It's really just to connect the module to the piezo speaker in the caseback.

I don't know where the long silver spring goes at all. Your best bet is to put the module back together, chuck the gold spring in the hole I've said about and see if everything works without the silver one in. The last thing you want to do is use the silver one as well and accidentally short the module by having it somewhere it shouldn't go!

Thread Information