DW-291 Counting Thread - Page 4
Like Tree221Likes

Thread: DW-291 Counting Thread

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Re: DW-291 Counting Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Cowboy Bebop View Post
    The trio...

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    @CowboyBebop are the backlights all the same color(orange?)
    jringo8769 and Cowboy Bebop like this.

These do not have mineral crystals. They are acrylic. And to me the back light is no brighter than the AE-1200/1300 series, at least what I remember when I had the AE-1200/1300 series. I was hoping for a back light at least as good as the one in my TRT-110H. Sadly, to me it is not. The strap is not quite up to the standard of the TRT-110H either.

I don't think these are as well built as the original DW-290. I'll need to compare my DW-290 and this one side by side to make a final determination. Still, all in all, a pretty good inexpensive digital with some good looks.
    Piowa likes this.
    Casio/ Citizen/Garmin /G-Shock/ Seiko

Quote Originally Posted by Rocat View Post
    These do not have mineral crystals. They are acrylic. And to me the back light is no brighter than the AE-1200/1300 series, at least what I remember when I had the AE-1200/1300 series. I was hoping for a back light at least as good as the one in my TRT-110H. Sadly, to me it is not. The strap is not quite up to the standard of the TRT-110H either.

I don't think these are as well built as the original DW-290. I'll need to compare my DW-290 and this one side by side to make a final determination. Still, all in all, a pretty good inexpensive digital with some good looks.
    thanks for the feedback. i was looking into the model as i have lost my dw-290 during jogging somewhere around the park and looking for replacement. Will wait for more feedback from others. kinda missed the dw-290, but i like the look of this 291 esp the big buttons. that is a plus for me. the lights on ae-1200 is exceptional so i guess anything lower than it still good enough? i remember the light from dw-290 is just so-so.
    i have many many memory with many watches, but the only one that is worthy is my all time favorite - the Tudor Submariner 79090.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Ok, I will be "That Guy".

After wearing it for most of yesterday and today, it's not growing on me. Yes, I swapped the strap to a DW-5600SN strap which helped. The stock strap's 12 O'clock side is a bit long therefore it wants to make the watch head rotate to the outside of the wrist instead of sitting center, at least for me it does.

The lcd in amber is a no go for me. It's just not as crisp as it could be. The 290 has true EL which is perfect. My TRT-110H has cool white led's that are very good and light up the whole face evenly. These are not the led's you would on a G-Shock such as the GD-350.

I realize it is, in the USA, a sub $40 watch and some corners must be cut. But, again the DW-290 is a sub $30 watch and the TRT-110H is a sub $40 and, in my opinion, both are better built. The buttons are huge compared to the original 290 and that is a good thing as are the larger digits and the more feature rich module. The 291 has 5 alarms, and World Time and the 290 does not.

The case of the 290 is more compact and has a much more solid feel to it that the 291. The only example I can come up with in my head is the difference in feel when you close a car door. An econo-box car such as my old Corolla has a "tinny" sound and a European car, like my old BMW closes, with a "thud".

Here are some pictures I took this morning. For me, the 291 is going back. But that is only because I have the 291 and like it better. Yes, it is smaller. Yes, the module isn't a feature rich. Yes the buttons are smaller (but still bigger than a DW-5600E).

If I did not have the DW-290 or my TRT-110H for that matter, I'd think the DW-291 is a good watch. But I already have enough multi function watches to where is one would just sit in my watch box and not be worn. This one will be returned today.

Name:  IMG_2262.JPG
Views: 67
Size:  3.39 MBName:  IMG_2263.JPG
Views: 61
Size:  3.01 MBName:  IMG_2268.JPG
Views: 67
Size:  2.07 MBName:  IMG_2273.JPG
Views: 62
Size:  2.63 MBName:  IMG_2274.JPG
Views: 54
Size:  2.49 MBAttachment 14840401Name:  IMG_2277.JPG
Views: 63
Size:  2.55 MBName:  IMG_2278.JPG
Views: 59
Size:  2.59 MB
    Casio/ Citizen/Garmin /G-Shock/ Seiko

DW-291H-9A ..................................... 6 watches (yankeexpress, greg1491, Jasabor, Cowboy Bobop, London006, d2mac)
    DW-291H-1A ..................................... 2 watches (Jasabor, Cowboy Bobop)
    DW-291H-1B ..................................... 1 watch (Cowboy Bobop)

Together ............................................ 9 watches

Cheers, Piowa

Thanks for info, Rocat. My 291 should be at my place tomorrow so I will see.
    I don't have 290 to compare. I have DW-5600 and GD-100, so the bar is set high.
    8--))
    Rocat likes this.

I'm really tempted but I've been stuck in an infinite loop since yesterday trying to decide which variant to go with... -_-

Creator of the Digiwatch: mougino.free.fr/digiwatch
    Piowa likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by mougino View Post
    I'm really tempted but I've been stuck in an infinite loop since yesterday trying to decide which variant to go with... -_-

Creator of the Digiwatch: mougino.free.fr/digiwatch
    Maybe just choose two out of three. Buy them and after few days return the one you like less. 8--))

Cheers, Piowa

Received all 3 today. I like them.

One thing I noticed is the screen is flush with the bezel.
    I'm going to look for a screen protector.

Anybody know if there is a similar model screen size that has screen protectors for?
    memento_mori likes this.

DW-291H-9A ..................................... 7 watches (yankeexpress, greg1491, Jasabor, Cowboy Bobop, London006, d2mac, dubadoo)
    DW-291H-1A ..................................... 3 watches (Jasabor, Cowboy Bobop, dubadoo)
    DW-291H-1B ..................................... 2 watch (Cowboy Bobop, dubadoo)

Together ............................................ 12 watches

Cheers, Piowa

Grabbed a “yellow” one and winging its way to me now......like the overall looks in the posted pics, will see what it looks like in the flesh and if it can knock the GD-350 off the top of my “cheap, but so nice list”!
    I have been trying reaallllly hard to keep it below 20, but have just given up now.
    Watches - to many
    Brand - lots

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread Information