DW-5000+Red Letters = :)

Thread: DW-5000+Red Letters = :)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Cool DW-5000+Red Letters = :)

So, after finally deciding the white letters totally did not match the whole red and gold colors on the face of the watch, I decided to remove the white letters and fill them in with red, I really like how it turned out, very subtle and conservative, whatta you guys think.

Experience is what you end up with when you didn't get what you wanted.

Re: DW-5000+Red Letters = :)

I'm with you there on the white lettering on the SL, a complete mismatch on this model. I dabbled with putting a stealth bezel on mine then settled on a GW-5000 band and bezel. This red version is super-cool, love it!

Is this model the exact first Gshock ever ?
    G9100BP - GLX5600 (*4) - G5600 (*3) - GLS5600 - GWM5600 - G7710 - G2500 (*2) - SGW100

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by freeman View Post
    Is this model the exact first Gshock ever ?
    No but the design is based on the first G-Shock, the DW-5000C-1A, and it is a screwback too like the original. This is a limited edition model from last year, the DW-5000SL (Spike Lee).

Quote Originally Posted by BREAKWATER View Post
    So, after finally deciding the white letters totally did not match the whole red and gold colors on the face of the watch, I decided to remove the white letters and fill them in with red, I really like how it turned out, very subtle and conservative, whatta you guys think.

I looked at the photos before even reading your text, and I thought -
    "Nice! The red text goes just right with the brick texture motif!"

--Greg

The letters turn out to be the exact same color as the orange/red line around the screen (on the pic). Nice.
    G9100BP - GLX5600 (*4) - G5600 (*3) - GLS5600 - GWM5600 - G7710 - G2500 (*2) - SGW100

Thanks for the good words, I like it much better than the white, it seems to match very well. I actually have swapped the module for a regular one from a 5600E, removed the original, don't really care for the whole SL theme, I am still looking for an original 5600c plain styled screw back, to go somewhat more original, I am sticking with the DW-6900 strap though, love it!

Thanks for the good words, I like it much better than the white, it seems to match very well. I actually have swapped the module for a regular one from a 5600E, removed the original, don't really care for the whole SL theme, I am still looking for an original 5600c plain styled screw back, to go somewhat more original, I am sticking with the DW-6900 strap though, love it!
    Excellent work BREAKWATER. Looks very clean, professionally done.
    But I still kinda prefer it white or better yet, the gold from the 5600EG...

As for your idea of getting a 5600C caseback, if this is what you had in mind... it won't interchange with the 5000SL casing. I haven't tried it but just the difference in SS casing and module dimensions between the old 80's models and the newer 1545moduled SS casings and module size would lead me to think that they won't interchange.
    But if you mean, just getting a 5600C to restore...than nevermind my thoughts on interchangability above.

Quote Originally Posted by tirat View Post
    Excellent work BREAKWATER. Looks very clean, professionally done.
    But I still kinda prefer it white or better yet, the gold from the 5600EG...

As for your idea of getting a 5600C caseback, if this is what you had in mind... it won't interchange with the 5000SL casing. I haven't tried it but just the difference in SS casing and module dimensions between the old 80's models and the newer 1545moduled SS casings and module size would lead me to think that they won't interchange.
    But if you mean, just getting a 5600C to restore...than nevermind my thoughts on interchangability above.

Thanks for this info, I would have thought them to be the same, So, the module then and now are different?

Thanks for this info, I would have thought them to be the same, So, the module then and now are different?
    I stand corrected BREAK... your project may work??? But I'm up in the air with finding someone who has done it.
    I know there's a thread out here on GSF that shows the dimensional differences between the steel casings of the old school G's and the reissues but I couldn't find it.

The modules are totally different. I think all reissues except the DW-1983 are the newer 1545's with EL not the old school LED's... BUT buzz and a couple of others have confirmed that a simple swap can be done between modules 1545's and 5600C casings from these two threads:
    https://forums.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?t=167268
    https://forums.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?t=179276
    Since the two modules can fit and interchange in the same diameter hole of the steel casings for the 5600C and 5600Eand/or5000reissues... the caseback MAY be the same sizes.

But I have to point out...I'm going to go against this idea about interchanging the casebacks. They may fit, but water resistance could be compromised because if the casebacks fit interchangably (they screw in properly)...then why are the caseback gaskets(the ones to seal for water resistance) different? This could mean that they're different sizes.

From the Casio Parts List sticky:
    DW-5000/DW-5025 o-ring REISSUE (SCREWBACK COVER and SS case.)= #74209681

DW-5600C case back gaskets 72045696

So until someone tries... we won't ever know.
    It's like Buzz's module swaps from the threads above... at first we all thought that the new modules and older modules couldn't interchange between the steel/5600E/reissue casings...but they did, only just because someone really tried it in real life.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information