Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Crater
  • 1 Post By Iyonk
  • 1 Post By kung-fusion
  • 1 Post By Nurse.IT

Thread: DW-50XX releases?

DW-50XX releases?

Or "Do I really need another screwback square?"

I have a GW-5000, DW-5030C, and a DW-5600C. I really like the look of the DW-5030, the one that came with GSET-30. It is the closest to the original I think I will be able to get. I like my DW-5030C but the 'Resist Black' styling, while awesome, doesn't quite satisfy my vintage itch.

Does Casio release 50XX models regularly? I am trying to decide if I can wait or if I should jump on one now. I know there was a DW-5000SP years ago and the 'Spike Lee' collab more recently, but I don't want to wait years for the next one to be released. I don't like having to source one outside of the GSET, I'd rather an independent release.
    Last edited by idkfa; April 14th, 2014 at 04:36.

Re: DW-50XX releases?

I personally appriciate more the looks of 5030c, because it is a homage to the original model, but it doesn't have same look, the red line on the display.

The original display with red line has been a bit overused in my opinion with GW-M5600, 5610 and bluetooth square. It looks good, but it's not special anymore.

Not sure when we are going to get another screwback square, I don't think it will be soon. Probably in 5 years for 35th anniversary?

Who knows, GW-5000 is the one to go for today. Or some vintage. But you already have both, so no more watches for you I'm afraid
    idkfa likes this.

so far no leak info about the next screwback 50xx buddy...

when i bought the GSET-- like you-- its becouse i aim for the DW-5030 and dont care about the 5030D... but after change the resin on the 5030D to mate resin with gold writing and buckle, i'm very happy with both and they are true keeper...

my only screwback grail is the GW-5000, but to be honet, the 5030 serve mereally well with 'everything i need and nothing i dont need" features..

several weeks ago some member could aquire GSET for $330... much cheaper than the price i paid... for that price, you could sell the carbon fiber one and got yourself a bargain.
    idkfa likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

They come out every 5 years, except for the gw-5000 which is in production constantly. So yeah, 35th anniversary... Unless casio decides to change things up
    Chrisek likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Iyonk View Post
    so far no leak info about the next screwback 50xx buddy...

when i bought the GSET-- like you-- its becouse i aim for the DW-5030 and dont care about the 5030D... but after change the resin on the 5030D to mate resin with gold writing and buckle, i'm very happy with both and they are true keeper...

my only screwback grail is the GW-5000, but to be honet, the 5030 serve mereally well with 'everything i need and nothing i dont need" features..

several weeks ago some member could aquire GSET for $330... much cheaper than the price i paid... for that price, you could sell the carbon fiber one and got yourself a bargain.
    I almost buy the GSET-30 when it went down to $330. I bought the GW-5000 instead. I am just hoping the price will go down again soon, by then I will surely pull the trigger.
    For me, getting the GSET-30 is just like having a modern replica of the 1983 DW-5000C. You get them in a set of silver and gold watch.
    Maybe Casio will again release the 35th anniversary edition of these squares, so probably DW-5035 (silver and gold). And they can issue again a limited titanium square like the GW-T5030C.
    That's four more years to go.
    Crater likes this.

Thread Information