DW 5300 with Gold detailing

Thread: DW 5300 with Gold detailing

DW 5300 with Gold detailing

Morning, first time poster from Edinburgh, Scotland with a query....

I have a DW 5300 (G - 9V?) and have been told that this is possibly a vintage G and possibly quite rare.

It is the version with the Gold detailing and i still have original receipt from the shop it was bought 11 years ago along with the original presentation box, although the presentation box is quite plain and rubbish compared to the boxes the newer G's come in.

Is this watch vintage / rare / collectable? and if so, how much would it be worth in GBP?

Wink Re: DW 5300 with Gold detailing

Hi BM USM,

Welcome to our G-Shock forum. The DW-5300 is a vintage watch, but about the last one. Casio released in the vintage row the DW-5000, WW-5100, DW-5200, WW-5300, DW-5400, DW-5500 and the DW5600(C). Somehow Casio put the DW-5300 in the DW-gap between the DW-5200C and the DW-5400(C?) in 1994. It is not a real rare model, but the gold models are always made in smaller quantities than the basic silver models. Most of the time the gold models are about 10% of the total emmision.

Be carefull with the bezel. I have had questions by several people seeking for a DW-5300 bezel. I believe they are very hard or not any more to find.

Cheers,

Sjors
    There are only 10 kind of people. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Bezoek ook eens het Nederlandstalige WUS forum: Kaliber 2010

Re: DW 5300 with Gold detailing

Quote Originally Posted by Sjors View Post
    Hi BM USM,

Welcome to our G-Shock forum. The DW-5300 is a vintage watch, but about the last one. Casio released in the vintage row the DW-5000, WW-5100, DW-5200, WW-5300, DW-5400, DW-5500 and the DW5600(C). Somehow Casio put the DW-5300 in the DW-gap between the DW-5200C and the DW-5400(C?) in 1994. It is not a real rare model, but the gold models are always made in smaller quantities than the basic silver models. Most of the time the gold models are about 10% of the total emmision.

Be carefull with the bezel. I have had questions by several people seeking for a DW-5300 bezel. I believe they are very hard or not any more to find.

Cheers,

Sjors
    Cheers mate,

I've got say that i've never had a problem with the watch itself, in fact as far as my memory serves me, i think it still has the original battery it came with.

The only problem has been the little rubber 'loop' (i'm sure that there is a proper name) that keeps the strap from flapping about once it's on your wrist broke but although i still have it, i couldn't be bothered getting the old superglue out so with a wee bit of skullduggery i managed to get a 'rubber loop' from a newer model to use in it's place.

I've actually got my eye on a Omega at the moment and i was wondering if it was worth my while selling this my G to put towards the costs of my new purchase.

You don't happen to know if its worth anything, do you?

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Although DW 5300's in good condition take some work to find, none of the version seem particularly high priced. I think there are at least two versions of the gold ones, and unless you found a really aggressive buyer, you'd be lucky to get much over $100.00 for one. That's my guess.

Quote Originally Posted by petew View Post
    Although DW 5300's in good condition take some work to find, none of the version seem particularly high priced. I think there are at least two versions of the gold ones, and unless you found a really aggressive buyer, you'd be lucky to get much over $100.00 for one. That's my guess.
    Thanks for that buddy,

If thats the case i think i'll be keeping it.... I would only have been selling if it was funny money to put towards my next purchase.

Cheers
    They can take our lives but they'll never take our........ Freedom

Thread Information