DW 5600 Bezel Screws!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Steelerswit
  • 1 Post By VIA4321

Thread: DW 5600 Bezel Screws!

Unhappy DW 5600 Bezel Screws!

Hey everyone!

I am a proud new owner of a DW5600 MS-1DR. I was playing with the strap earlier, and for some reason thought it would be a good idea to take out the screws around the outside of the case (I assume these are the 'bezel screws' - the ones on the resin case).

I then tried putting them back in, but at this point i realised the screwdriver I was borrowing must be very cheap - the screwdriver head was actually getting worn down! Because of this, I have not been able to fully tighten the bezel screws.

My question is - will the waterproofing of the watch be affected by these screws? I'm too scared to wear it until I get a decent screwdriver set.

Cheers if you can help or provide some reassurance!

- Cam

Re: DW 5600 Bezel Screws!

no, you are safe. they are cosmetic screws to keep the bezel in place, dont touch the 4 on the back!
    domoon likes this.
    Call sign: Wit
    Si vis pacem, para bellum

Hey Steelerswit,

Thanks for that! Very helpful, much appreciated.

Cheeeeeeers & happy g shock-ing

Cam :)

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Leeftster View Post
    Hey everyone!

I am a proud new owner of a DW5600 MS-1DR. I was playing with the strap earlier, and for some reason thought it would be a good idea to take out the screws around the outside of the case (I assume these are the 'bezel screws' - the ones on the resin case).

I then tried putting them back in, but at this point i realised the screwdriver I was borrowing must be very cheap - the screwdriver head was actually getting worn down! Because of this, I have not been able to fully tighten the bezel screws.

My question is - will the waterproofing of the watch be affected by these screws? I'm too scared to wear it until I get a decent screwdriver set.

Cheers if you can help or provide some reassurance!

- Cam
    Cosmetic - used to secure the plastic bezel so won't effect the waterproofing.
    Be warned that if they are loose they may drop out, may be worth waiting until you can get a watchmakers screwdriver set and tighten those screws up (not too tight though as they screw into plastic and the thread can be stripped if you tighten too much) to wear the watch. The screws are available, but they're relatively expensive for what they are.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Steelerswit likes this.

Is it advisable to change the bezel with the screws in place?

It "can" be done, but only if the screw is frozen in. Lay a dark towel on a table, take out the screws (silver screws show up well, and don't bounce) remove/replace, put screws back.

Sent from Capt. Kirk's Communicator
    Call sign: Wit
    Si vis pacem, para bellum

Thread Information