DW-5600 made in Thailand or Malaysia?

Thread: DW-5600 made in Thailand or Malaysia?

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

DW-5600 made in Thailand or Malaysia?

Hi,

I am new to thiis forum and have what may be a real NOOB question:

Is there any quality difference between DW-5600E's beeing built in Thailand or in Malaysia?

Thank you!

Re: DW-5600 made in Thailand or Malaysia?

Doubt it. But then again, I don't even think there is a inherent quality difference in japan or thailand/malaysia- except for models with a superior build, like screwdown casebacks etc- but looking at the same exact model, made in any country, I think quality will be the same.

Agreed.
    I used to list my watches here until I realised it ruined people's Google searches...

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I was thinking the same thing the other day. I guess that really depends on who you ask. I'm sure if you ask the guy who owns the Japanese made, he will tell you yes there is while if you ask the guy that owns the Thailland mode he will say no. I think it really depends on the person. I read in Unbreakable people tend to put a premium on the "Japanese made" label. I work in the after-market speaker import business with brands like, Kicker, Jl audio, MTX audio and I can tell you that you do pay more for ones that is made in europe than the same one made in asia, and yes there is a difference in quailty.
    Mike

The DW-5600 shown here is made in Malaysia.

Cheers,
    MountainMike
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thank you all for the reply.

Just ordered my first Casio, dw5600E 1-ver, ordered i from the Far East, think it is made in Malaysia. I wondered if the same watch as they are sold here in Europe would also be Malaysian made or Thai made?

First I wanted to buy the DW-5600 it in the shop here, but they ask 99 euro for the watch!

I will receive the watch from the Far East in a week or so, will be my first LCD! Own a lot of LED watches from the seventies, but they are too delicate for everyday use so I think I am going to enjoy the DW-5600. At last a watch that I can use, throw around and if it breaks just get a new one...

Was Japan, now back home in Cairns, Queensland, Australia

I've found that the Malaysian models are great quality, and the Made In Japan models like the original Master's are simply six star.

Love them so much they have taken over my house:-D

Congratulations on your purchase and looking forward to your photos when it arrives

Quote Originally Posted by Hanzemannetje
    Thank you all for the reply.

Just ordered my first Casio, dw5600E 1-ver, ordered i from the Far East, think it is made in Malaysia. I wondered if the same watch as they are sold here in Europe would also be Malaysian made or Thai made?

First I wanted to buy the DW-5600 it in the shop here, but they ask 99 euro for the watch!

I will receive the watch from the Far East in a week or so, will be my first LCD! Own a lot of LED watches from the seventies, but they are too delicate for everyday use so I think I am going to enjoy the DW-5600. At last a watch that I can use, throw around and if it breaks just get a new one...

This is an ever interesting topic which has caused some invigorating discussion in the past. Let me preface my input by assuring everyone that the following is just my opinion offered with the respect due others who may disagree.

To me, if the watch is a genuine G-Shock I'm not really concerned about the point of manufacture since Casio's standards are applied no matter the facility.

There are those serious G-Shock purists of a different school who see the models manufactured in Japan as superior. Frankly, after owning some very high end Japan models and models manufactured outside Japan, I can't tell the difference. But that's just me.

Best regards,

Mike Hogan
    [email protected]

"Go ahead laddie. Buy the watch."

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Hogan
    To me, if the watch is a genuine G-Shock I'm not really concerned about the point of manufacture since Casio's standards are applied no matter the facility.
    Yep, I agree.

Any company worth it's salt would have stringent quality control that would be met by all it's products.

Was Japan, now back home in Cairns, Queensland, Australia

Hi Mike and DW-5600 -

I can agree some what, but I still think quality control inside Japan would be much stricter.

I do realize the boss at the Thai plant may indeed be Japanese, but imagine the different life he is living in Thailand.

Surely that would distract from his work during the day with not the same outside and Public pressure he would get in Japan.

I know other members get a little touchy over the Thai and Japan scenario, but general opinions are always good to know, and especially if anyone can see any difference in quality, or appearance, such as resins, LCD display colouring, back's, etc.

I put a poll up once that as we know got heated, although the Japanese, if I remember, won the poll over the Thai.

Don't get me wrong.. Man I love Thailand and loads of Thai friends I've asked them and they also prefer Japanese models.

Nothing like supporting your country

I worked in Bangkok for six months.. That was enough to kill me:-D

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread Information