DW-5600C-9V Screw back stuck
Like Tree75Likes

Thread: DW-5600C-9V Screw back stuck

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 51
  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    233

    DW-5600C-9V Screw back stuck

    I bought a DW-5600C-9V for restoration purposes and wanted to get the back cover off.
    However, it’s unbelievably stuck. I’m using a jaxxa tool to no avail.

    Any recommendation to get the cover off?

    thanks

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    859

    Re: DW-5600C-9V Screw back stuck

    Did you use watch holder with jaxa tools?
    cvdl likes this.

  3. #3
    Member cuthbert's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    VR, IT
    Posts
    7,528

    Re: DW-5600C-9V Screw back stuck

    Let it be done by a professional watchmaker, 5600Cs are relatively rare today in decent shape.
    cvdl likes this.
    .

  4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #4
    Member HoosierTrooper's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    968

    Re: DW-5600C-9V Screw back stuck

    Super glue a nut to the case back and use a wrench to remove it, and once it's off use something with acetone like nail polish remover to dissolve the super glue. I've done this a couple of times with automatics that i wanted to regulate and it works great. Not an original idea by me, I googled it and found that others had used his method successfully.
    stockae92, cvdl, brandon\ and 2 others like this.
    Tom


    Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more, than the traveling hands of time.

  6. #5
    Member Kabong30's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    365

    Re: DW-5600C-9V Screw back stuck

    Get a pro.
    cvdl and Dxnnis like this.

  7. #6
    Member Snowback's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    1,547

    Re: DW-5600C-9V Screw back stuck

    The pictures are no longer with the article, but the best method I have ever heard of (and used, by the way) is published here on out site: https://forums.watchuseek.com/f43/my...ue-639103.html
    Basically, engage your tool & turn it upside down on a rug; press down on the watch while turning the watch - less chance of slippage & better torque on the case back. Give it a try before you slip with your tool & ruin the casebook forever. If that doesn't work, go to a watchmaker that has a professional tool for this.
    acadian, cvdl and brandon\ like this.

  8. #7
    G-Shock Mod stockae92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Southern California - USA
    Posts
    13,611

    Re: DW-5600C-9V Screw back stuck

    Quote Originally Posted by HoosierTrooper View Post
    Super glue a nut to the case back and use a wrench to remove it, and once it's off use something with acetone like nail polish remover to dissolve the super glue. I've done this a couple of times with automatics that i wanted to regulate and it works great. Not an original idea by me, I googled it and found that others had used his method successfully.
    Read about this before and many people have success with this.

    Sounds crazy but seems like it does work.
    cvdl and ox71 like this.
    1 3 5
    ├┼┼╕
    2 4 6 R

  9. #8
    Member Derek N's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Kaneohe, Hawaii
    Posts
    4,475

    Re: DW-5600C-9V Screw back stuck

    For the really tight case backs that I have removed required the watch to be placed into a watch holder. The watch holder is then placed into a bench vise, and a 3-prong case back removal tool is used. I also use a piece of thick plastic between the case back and removal tool so that if there is some slippage, it won't scratch the case back. So far, there hasn't been a tight case back that I haven't been able to remove. Once, I needed to use penetrating liquid to help get into the threads that were slightly corroded.
    cvdl and brandon\ like this.

  10. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    233

    Re: DW-5600C-9V Screw back stuck

    Quote Originally Posted by Facelessman View Post
    Did you use watch holder with jaxa tools?
    With and without.


    Quote Originally Posted by HoosierTrooper View Post
    Super glue a nut to the case back and use a wrench to remove it, and once it's off use something with acetone like nail polish remover to dissolve the super glue. I've done this a couple of times with automatics that i wanted to regulate and it works great. Not an original idea by me, I googled it and found that others had used his method successfully.
    With regular super glue? I'll try it if the jaxxa tool on the rug doesn't work. Thanks for the tip.


    Quote Originally Posted by Snowback View Post
    The pictures are no longer with the article, but the best method I have ever heard of (and used, by the way) is published here on out site: https://forums.watchuseek.com/f43/my...ue-639103.html
    Basically, engage your tool & turn it upside down on a rug; press down on the watch while turning the watch - less chance of slippage & better torque on the case back. Give it a try before you slip with your tool & ruin the casebook forever. If that doesn't work, go to a watchmaker that has a professional tool for this.
    I'll try it this weekend. Gotta find a rug first lol.



    Quote Originally Posted by Derek N View Post
    For the really tight case backs that I have removed required the watch to be placed into a watch holder. The watch holder is then placed into a bench vise, and a 3-prong case back removal tool is used. I also use a piece of thick plastic between the case back and removal tool so that if there is some slippage, it won't scratch the case back. So far, there hasn't been a tight case back that I haven't been able to remove. Once, I needed to use penetrating liquid to help get into the threads that were slightly corroded.
    Thanks for the tip.

  11. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    233

    Re: DW-5600C-9V Screw back stuck

    Quote Originally Posted by cuthbert View Post
    Let it be done by a professional watchmaker, 5600Cs are relatively rare today in decent shape.
    Only need to straighten one shaft of a button and polish the glass. Screws were already out and without damage,

    Name:  IMG_0694.JPG
Views: 124
Size:  353.0 KB
    Name:  IMG_0695.jpg
Views: 128
Size:  282.7 KB
    acadian, g-fob2 and ahmadzaki like this.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

    Similar Threads

    1. SOLD Casio G-shock DW-5600C screw back watch box
      By solar g-shocker in forum Watches - Books, Parts, Tools, Winders & other Accessories
      Replies: 0
      Last Post: September 3rd, 2016, 20:33
    2. My First Screw-back 5600 - DW-5600C-9V
      By psweeting in forum Casio G-Shock
      Replies: 13
      Last Post: October 7th, 2012, 07:44
    3. FS: Casio DW-5600C screw back, Japan H 691 **SOLD**
      By ktnguyen in forum Watches - Private sellers and Sponsors
      Replies: 0
      Last Post: July 11th, 2012, 23:08
    4. FS: Casio DW-5600C screw back, Japan H 901 **SOLD**
      By ktnguyen in forum Watches - Private sellers and Sponsors
      Replies: 0
      Last Post: June 29th, 2012, 03:29
    5. Clinton World Time 40mm x 45mm Day/Date World Time Bezel Screw Back!
      By eWristwatch.net - Don Bre in forum Watches - Dealers and Manufacturers
      Replies: 0
      Last Post: April 11th, 2006, 15:50

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •