WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

DW-5600E + Strap Keeper Swap = Large Wrist Happiness

5K views 14 replies 8 participants last post by  StephenWatch 
#1 · (Edited)
This has been a very good month for my digital Casio dream scenarios.

Since childhood I've wanted to wear the F91W. I recently discovered and ordered the W217H. It's perfect. It fit me comfortably on the 2nd to the last hole. About 3/4 of an inch protrudes from the keeper.

I've also always really wanted a 5600. I've owned plenty of larger G-Shocks. They're not for me. I found and tried on a 5600 at Target and it fit me comfortably on the 2nd to the last hole. The 5600 strap has very little material after the last hole, thus the keeper is useless at that point.

When I got home I busted out the ol' bin - o - parts. I found a keeper that's about 4-5 mm long and 18mm wide. The 5600 band measured at 18.8mm on the narrow end. I took the 5600 keeper off and swapped it with the smaller keeper from my parts bin.

The result: The 5600 fits my large wrist. The keeper is tight enough to stay in place and not slide around during activity. About 2 mm protrudes out of the new keeper, but, it hasn't been a problem thus far.

5600 Pics:

Fashion accessory Tambourine Metal Bicycle part

Gadget Headphones Watch Audio equipment Strap

Watch Wrist Analog watch Hand Material property

And the W217H:

Watch Wrist Technology Hand Strap

See less See more
#2 ·
Wow, I have often whinged on this forum about how awkward getting some G Shocks to fit my very small wrist is, lovely to hear the other end of the spectrum has issues too LOL

Reactions: SunnyDaze
#11 ·
A little OT but the correlation between wrist size and watch size and what people prefer is interesting to me. Plenty of folks with smaller wrists prefer big watches, where the watch face overhangs the wrist on both sides. Then there are those with larger wrists that prefer small watches, where the watch face might cover half their wrist. I think I've seen more posts for "nice watch but it's too big for my small wrist" than posts of "nice watch but too small for my big wrist". People like what they like, that's all that matters, just an observation.

#12 ·
I agree. It's all over the map with who prefers what. There's no right or wrong, only opinions. That being said, I'm a big dude, 6'5", 330ish lbs.

For me, it's about functionality. I prefer G-Shocks that are small enough to get into and out of a pants pocket easily, that fit under work gloves, under most coat sleeves, etc... G-Shocks that are not unnecessarily large for the sake of being unnecessarily large. Ones that have most functions that one would need on a day to day basis without any unnecessary bells and whistles.

I gave the bigger G-Shocks an honest try. I'd bang and clunk them off of things, retrieving objects from pockets and tight spaces was clumsy, and the larger crystals seemed to be scratch and gunk magnets.

#15 ·
I'm a huge fan of bracelets, and only broke my 'rule' because the GWG1000 is such a great watch and you can't get a bracelet for it! (I have teeny wrists, and the stap is worn on the 3rd set of holes nearest the 6 o'clock lug. Results in a bit of an overhang!)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.