Dw-5600eb

Thread: Dw-5600eb

Picture Dw-5600eb

Obtained a proper Casio strap for it .....

"Let's be careful out there!"

Thumbs Up Got one of those incoming myself...

Guess they're not as "rare" as I thought, eh? :-D

Here's a picture taken by the guy I traded with...

It's coming on a G-Shock strap, but it's not Casio-branded...should be OK, several companies make them and they're virtual clones of the Casio model. He's also sending me a 16mm US military nylon strap, but I fear it will be a little too narrow for my taste.

After studying them on the 'net, I picked up two "The Band" straps (made by Chisco, www.chisco.com) today at a local outfitter (only $7 apiece...quite well made, too) and will use those for a change in pace should the mood strike. I've already test-rigged one up to my old Timex Expedition field watch and it works well. It's a nice design--a narrow Velcro strap runs through the lugs and overlaps a thicker, wider nylon strap underneath. These are perfect for G-Shocks and their narrow springbars and IMO are a good, inexpensive alternative to buying strap adapters and zulu or NATO straps separately.

(The second picture is of a Water Band, but mine is not the Water-type...it is the same pattern, however)

When the watch arrives I'll take some pics to share...thanks for looking!

Re: Dw-5600eb

How wide is the underlying nylon on The Band?

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

It's 25mm wide (!)

IIRC, the lug shroud on the 5600 is about 25mm wide, so this will work nicely, I think.

That's perfect. I'm going to get me one! Thanks for the tip.

Here's an old crummy picture I had to give you an idea of what it'll look like.

I took it off my G-5600 a long time ago; I still have one on a GW-300 that I run with all the time - very comfortable.

They don't look that great to me, but they do work very well, and there's a whole lot less strap there than the Casio OEM double thick velcro one, which is nice. You can also use a black Sharpie on that "The Band" logo to tone it down a bunch, and can probably take it off, too, I just haven't.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Those nylon straps look OK!

Makes for a nice combo actually. I may get one for mine, make it look more like it was originally intended

Thanks for the input guys.

"Let's be careful out there!"

Thread Information