dw-5600nh (non-solar, non-atomic, world time, multi-alarm module) questions
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Mike K

Thread: dw-5600nh (non-solar, non-atomic, world time, multi-alarm module) questions

dw-5600nh (non-solar, non-atomic, world time, multi-alarm module) questions

I think I want to order one to see it in person, but this might save me the time and cost of reselling:

Is current time visible in CDT and SW modes?

Also, does anyone know the module number so I can read more about it to help me decide?

Any comments to add about the watch?

Does the 5600nh have the "better" LCD of the dw-5600p watches?

Re: dw-5600nh (non-solar, non-atomic, world time, multi-alarm module) questions

Pacparts shows the DW-5600NH as having module 3229: Consumer Electronic Parts and Accessories at PacParts, Inc. and Casio DW5600NH-1 Parts and Accessories

It's the same module as the current DW-5600E, and according to the manual, shows current time in countdown timer and stopwatch modes.

Timepieces(Watches) - Manuals - CASIO and http://support.casio.com/storage/en/...009/qw3229.pdf

That's what has me confused. Multiple places on the Net say "world time" and "multi alarm" which my dw5600e (3229) does not have.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Multiple places on the 'net get Casio facts wrong all the time -- INCLUDING and occasionally even Casio's own website!

Casio.co.uk says that it has a "multi alarm" in the "main features" chart, but above that it's called "multi 1 alarm." (Huh? )

Casio-europe.com/fr says [translated by Google] "Multi Alarm , Hourly Time Signal You can set a daily alarm ( time setting only), or an alarm for a day and a specific time (setting of month, day and time ) . The value indicates the number of multiple alarms available. If the hourly chime function is on , the watch beeps every hour on the hour."

That mostly sounds like the same SINGLE, multi-purpose alarm that is found in the current and previous DW-5600E modules -- none of the solar/atomic models that I own (which all have multiple alarms) have the "set alarm for a particular month or day" feature.

This picture from an eBay auction [ Casio G Shock DW 5600NH 1 `N Hoolywood` Limited Edition RARE 100 Original New | eBay ] seems to also indicate that it has the 3229 module:

Name:  DW-5600NH-1.jpg
Views: 106
Size:  29.9 KB

I'm going to officially guess that Casio's website is wrong once again, and that this model also does NOT have the 29 city "world time" feature either.

The first post in this "unboxing" thread [ https://forums.watchuseek.com/f17/dw-...y-1075078.html ] says that "...and even though it's functionally identical to every other 3229 module piece, the extras make it feel really worth the price tag."

Thank you. That's what I needed to hear. Wish the pics in the other thread were still there. Guess I'll have to order one myself if I want to get a better look and see the "rose" backlight.

There's one view of the backlight in the above linked eBay auction -- just need to scroll down to the "item specifics" part of the page.

Here's another: http://ufa.clockshop.ru/obj/img/wmar...600NH-1E_4.jpg

Here's another of the backlight AND of the caseback, from Rakuten: http://image.rakuten.co.jp/freshstor...15080901_2.jpg
    AlexAllen likes this.

You are much better at the Internet than I am. Thank you for the links. I ordered the watch.

Thread Information