Dw-56rtb

Thread: Dw-56rtb

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Gift Dw-56rtb

Arrived this morning. It's a green one I won quite cheap on ebay (£16.77). The negative display isn't nearly as clear as on the normal display version, but it's better than the one on my polygon which is made up of lines. I'm not sure what to make of the strap yet, but it's comfortable enough. I may get a resin one in for future use.

"The future is something which everyone reaches at the rate of sixty minutes an hour, whatever he does, whoever he is." C S Lewis

Re: Dw-56rtb

Thats a weird one, never seen it before! Interesting but the Jury's out on the colour! lol

How many is that now then mate?

Watches are frickin evil!

Quote Originally Posted by hoochy View Post
    Thats a weird one, never seen it before! Interesting but the Jury's out on the colour! lol

How many is that now then mate?
    17 now. That's an odd number, I suppose I'll have to make it a nice round 20 (he says blatantly making excuses). This one looks a bit lighter in the pics, although it is a funny green. It's just for exorcise though, so the colour doesn't matter that much. It does the job, and at a decent price.
    "The future is something which everyone reaches at the rate of sixty minutes an hour, whatever he does, whoever he is." C S Lewis

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Hmm not sure of the style... but i actually like that colour a lot, tbh i like big chunky flat colour G's in general.

Quote Originally Posted by Lexxorcist View Post
    It's a green one
    It sure is.
    I used to list my watches here until I realised it ruined people's Google searches...

Quote Originally Posted by tribe125 View Post
    It sure is.
    Well, it seems to be the only colour that goes cheap in auction (can't imagine why ). I'm sure it'll look fine if I can find a nice green shell-suit to wear it with. To be fair, it does look better on than it looks in my 1000 mega watt flash photos.

*Edit* I've just heard back from Tiktox and I can get a black strap and black bezel for it. It will actually cost more than the watch did, but who thinks it would be worth it?
    Last edited by Lexxorcist; September 8th, 2007 at 17:02.

Instead of hijacking the other thread, I'll re-post this here. I was already thinking of buying a second DW-5600, as it's one of the models I'd like to have a wearer and a spare of. It doesn't have to be an identical model, just a square, retro type. Tiktox have a black strap and bezel to fit this DW-56RTB. I think it's a DW-5600C bezel. The cost (to me) of a second DW-5600E would be about £31 including shipping, and the cost of 'upgrading' my green ref timer to black will cost about £23 including shipping. That's more than the watch actually cost, but would satisfy my desire for a second black square retro looking G without buying another watch. Any thoughts on this will be appreciated.

I like the look of the negative display with the green bezel on this particular Ref Timer. The strap could stand to be swapped out, though..

Quote Originally Posted by Schuey2002 View Post
    I like the look of the negative display with the green bezel on this particular Ref Timer. The strap could stand to be swapped out, though..
    I haven't been able to find a green resin strap for it, only a black one. This was why Tiktox gave me the black strap and black bezel idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Lexxorcist View Post
    Instead of hijacking the other thread, I'll re-post this here. I was already thinking of buying a second DW-5600, as it's one of the models I'd like to have a wearer and a spare of. It doesn't have to be an identical model, just a square, retro type. Tiktox have a black strap and bezel to fit this DW-56RTB. I think it's a DW-5600C bezel. The cost (to me) of a second DW-5600E would be about £31 including shipping, and the cost of 'upgrading' my green ref timer to black will cost about £23 including shipping. That's more than the watch actually cost, but would satisfy my desire for a second black square retro looking G without buying another watch. Any thoughts on this will be appreciated.

Hi Lexxorcist, you might check with Buzzbait, he just picked up a ref timer and mentioned the bezel was the same as the GW-5600. Are the top lugs slightly longer than the bottom?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information