DW-5700, First Post, Sad Post!

Thread: DW-5700, First Post, Sad Post!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

DW-5700, First Post, Sad Post!

Hello everyone. This is my first post here although I've visited many times and enjoyed reading all the posts from fellow G-Shock Lovers.

I post today because my beloved DW-5700 has finally lost all its skin, crumbled and disintegrated and no longer able to hold on to its magnificent frame. i am sad and very, very disheartened.

So, could someone please tell how to get a new bezel for my precious or what replacement I can get to have it on my wrist again? All your help and sympathy would be appreciated.

Thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images

Re: DW-5700, First Post, Sad Post!

I don't know where to find replacement parts, but I do hope you find them. The poor thing looks in desperate need of some TLC.
    "The future is something which everyone reaches at the rate of sixty minutes an hour, whatever he does, whoever he is." C S Lewis

Someone here should be able to connect you to the right people to get a new bezel and band for your DW-5700. It looks like it's all in really good shape though and a new bezel/band combo should make that G last forever!

That's one of my favorite things about the G-Shocks is that you can replace the bezel and band so easily and literally add years to the life of the watch. You can't do that with a Timex!
    It's always sunny in Boise!!

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Finding a replacement bezel for the 5700 may be tough though not impossible. While you look here's a suggestion: buy a 5600 bezel. The DW-5600C bezel and bands will fit perfectly.

Be careful of the bezel screws; if you've never had them off they may be near impossible to remove and breaking one off in the case is not something you want to do. If you're concerned you can leave them on and fit the new bezel over the screws - just ream out the screw holes with a knife a little bit and the new bezel will fit nicely.

and you can buy the DW-5600C bezel and bands from user 'vbeme' on ebay.

Anybody have a source for a DW-5300 bezel? People talk about their grail watches..... this has got to be my personal grail. Haven't seen one for offer since my 5300 lost its bezel many ages ago.

Rolling eyes Re: DW-5700, First Post, Sad Post!

Hi Derek,

I have got that question many times via myt website, but unfortunately I never found an answer to that question....

Cheers,

Sjors
    There are only 10 kind of people. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Bezoek ook eens het Nederlandstalige WUS forum: Kaliber 2010

Quote Originally Posted by GameBoy2Go View Post
    Hello everyone. This is my first post here although I've visited many times and enjoyed reading all the posts from fellow G-Shock Lovers.

I post today because my beloved DW-5700 has finally lost all its skin, crumbled and disintegrated and no longer able to hold on to its magnificent frame. i am sad and very, very disheartened.

So, could someone please tell how to get a new bezel for my precious or what replacement I can get to have it on my wrist again? All your help and sympathy would be appreciated.

Thanks
    Hi,
    I just got a NOS one from mr.casio* on Ebay. The man after that nickname is a well known member of this forum from Brazil. I can't wait to get mine and fit it onto my DW-5700C-1V....

Quote Originally Posted by Sjors View Post
    Hi Derek,

I have got that question many times via myt website, but unfortunately I never found an answer to that question....

Cheers,

Sjors
    Thanks Sjors! The quest for the holy grail continues.

Thank you everyone, this is a wonderful community of helpful people. I will buy the band as suggested from 'vbeme', but will also look out for an original bezel (would appreciate a link if someone has it to a seller).

Will keep you all posted on its rebirth if I am successful

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information