Yesterday I received the Brazilian repro dw5700 restoration kit I had ordered online. I bought the dw5700 new in '88 and the bezel finally crumbled a few weeks ago. The screwback had never been off this watch but it broke loose fairly easily. Amazingly the gasket still had lube on it from the factory and the battery was still working but a new gasket came with the kit and I purchased a new battery. I'm going to try and put the old gasket in a dw6900 project I have going if it will fit.
Anyway everything went back together good and I'm very pleased with the results. After re-assembly I noticed that I had inserted the module very slightly off kilter but it's so minor that I'm not going to re-open it. I also need to locate some new springbars as the old ones are slightly bent but they seem to hold securely. I'm confident the watch is water tight and plan on giving it a lot of wrist time.