DW 5750 vs GW 6600
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By tiha

Thread: DW 5750 vs GW 6600

DW 5750 vs GW 6600

So the DW 5750 has EL back light ?What happened to the change to LED. Are retro G Shocks all going to have EL and not LED. If a GW 6600 did happen then I couldn't imagine it with LED. Could someone please elaborate? Thanks. Casio reps if you're reading please reissue DW 6600 with Solar & Atomic and green light and without a G inscribed on the light button. Also with current time display in countdown and stop watch mode. Thanks

Re: DW 5750 vs GW 6600

Usually retro editions G-Shocks have current modules. Just case/color combo is different. It's probably too expensive to develop and produce new modules just for retro versions (but it would be nice). BTW, 6600 and 6900 were the first G-Shocks with EL illumination.
    blondygirl69 likes this.

Moderator G-Shock Forum

Re: DW 5750 vs GW 6600

My expectation if a 6600 reissue occures:
    1. GW-6600 with no time in all modes
    2. DW-6635 with time in all modes (and negative LCD except one mint green color option with positive display).

Just buy both plus some black resin to get your features! :D

Quote Originally Posted by Solar Atomic View Post
    So the DW 5750 has EL back light ?What happened to the change to LED. Are retro G Shocks all going to have EL and not LED. If a GW 6600 did happen then I couldn't imagine it with LED. Could someone please elaborate? Thanks. Casio reps if you're reading please reissue DW 6600 with Solar & Atomic and green light and without a G inscribed on the light button. Also with current time display in countdown and stop watch mode. Thanks
    You see no pictures in my post?
    Photobucket decided to lock my pics behind a 40$/month prescription service.
    I used their services since 2009 so the most of my old threads have Photobucket pics inside.
    If you stumble across one of those threads and want to see the pic, PM me and i will re-attach it.
    What can we learn from all the lost information?
    1. never trust cloud services
    2. always keep control of your data

Thread Information