WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

DW-6600 bad turned good.

4K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  Mitch100 
#1 · (Edited)
Got this in today. It was bought saying needs battery. Checked with eBay that if any other than battery, was I covered. They said yes, so I bid and again won with only bid.

I was waiting, anticipation growing. It's here and it's in an envelope. I sigh fearing the worst. Opened it up, and I was correct.

Contacted seller and lo and behold, he was a good dude and we worked a deal out as civilized people. He sent me a partial refund and I got to work.

Now I have an all original Korea H DW-6600. The bezel I had was white instead of the red, and I think it looks better.

Sent from Capt. Kirk's Communicator

See less See more
#5 ·
the seller was really cool, we have been messaging and i sent a pic of it redressed. he just told me this,,,

Nice !!
I was torn about getting rid of that, I haven;t worn it in a long time, but that watch has seen shark dives in the Bahamas, and underground caves diving in Florida. She never let me down !

so, she has lived a G life!

#6 · (Edited)
6600s are great watches. I have bought, restored, and sold a couple of them. I have one left for myself, but it may be on chopping block as I never wear it.

Steererswit, if you ever need any internal pieces drop me a line. I have a bunch of parts sitting around from my restorations that will never be needed.

EDIT: It was interesting seeing a number of different eras of 6600s cross my path. The change from Japan M to Korea to Malaysia (if memory serves) accompanied actual design changes on the inside. My M models had a full metal movement holder instead of plastic. Not saying metal is the better choice, but it was interesting nonetheless.

#7 ·
It doesn't feel like it sometimes but there are good people in the world. Most, I think.

#8 ·
yes, its just that the minority of thieves and idiots get the attention.

to tell the truth, i thought i was going to have to go through channels and get fleabay involved, but no, this guy was fantastic. i suggested $10 back for the bezel and he agreed. later on he sent $14.26 as he did a search and saw that was the average price. makes up for the open case i have now with a non shipped GA-1000. but, not to worry, found another one for around the same price, just out the $ til its refunded.

Remind me to block you as a buyer!
as i said,,,,LEGIT

#9 ·
And the grand rehabilitator strikes again. Nice work!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.