DW-6600 question

Thread: DW-6600 question

DW-6600 question

I just received a DW-6600 today, it is to be a work watch. Anyway, I have a Japan model of the DW-6600 and the new one has different markings on the back. Also, the wording on the back is different, it says Made in China, with a "y" under it and also the light seems a different color blue. It came in one of the old light blue Casio boxes if that helps. I'm a little concerned that it may not be real. FYI, the wording on the back is the same just not the same format, the wording on the front is the same.

Your thoughts and comments would be most appreciated.

Re: DW-6600 question

Quote Originally Posted by lt642 View Post
    I just received a DW-6600 today, it is to be a work watch. Anyway, I have a Japan model of the DW-6600 and the new one has different markings on the back. Also, the wording on the back is different, it says Made in China, with a "y" under it and also the light seems a different color blue. It came in one of the old light blue Casio boxes if that helps. I'm a little concerned that it may not be real. FYI, the wording on the back is the same just not the same format, the wording on the front is the same.

Your thoughts and comments would be most appreciated.
    I have a DW-6600 and it says Made in Korea with an "H" under it. Some of my other G-Shocks are Made in China, so there's nothing wrong there. I don't know about the backlight, have only one DW-6600. The box seems legit. Can you post photos?

I'm sure it's absolutely fine. All 6600s are now made in China, as far as I know, and the one I bought not so long ago came in one of those boxes.

A picture will confirm it.
    I used to list my watches here until I realised it ruined people's Google searches...

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

If it looks like this it should be fine:

Greetings, Sedi
    Cheers
    Sedi

Thanks Sedi,
    It looks just like your pictures! I appreciate you taking the time to post the pictures.

You're welcome . And don't worry about 'Made in China' Casios - so far there hasn't been any valid proof that the quality of 'Made in China' G-Shocks is in any way inferior to 'Made in Thailand' (where a lot of G-Shocks are manufactured - especially the 'Master of G' models).

Greetings, Sedi
    Cheers
    Sedi

Thread Information