DW-6800 questions

Thread: DW-6800 questions

DW-6800 questions

So I have finally found a replacement bezel for this hockey puck, but I have run into a problem.
    Having taken the module from the case assembly for battery change and cleaning, I noticed that there is a "waviness" to the right corner of the time display section, as if it were covered by a thin, clear, film that was beginning to pull up. Not wanting to tempt fate, I didn't mess with it. Has anyone experienced this before? When the back plate was removed I noticed the water seal was broken, which would explain why the inside would rarely show a bit of fog from, say, hand washing where a drop of water got in. If needed, I can borrow a friend's camera to take a pic of it.
    The other problem is that PacParts no longer carries the bands for this particular model, and from what I've been able to find, the bands to this model are unique, matching the bezel design. Is there a model similar to this with bands still available, that will look 'close enough' to the 6800?

Thanks,

-Synch
    "Time enough at last"

Re: DW-6800 questions

synchronicity part 1 or part 2?

Quote Originally Posted by Synchronicity View Post
    So I have finally found a replacement bezel for this hockey puck, but I have run into a problem.
    Having taken the module from the case assembly for battery change and cleaning, I noticed that there is a "waviness" to the right corner of the time display section, as if it were covered by a thin, clear, film that was beginning to pull up. Not wanting to tempt fate, I didn't mess with it. Has anyone experienced this before? When the back plate was removed I noticed the water seal was broken, which would explain why the inside would rarely show a bit of fog from, say, hand washing where a drop of water got in. If needed, I can borrow a friend's camera to take a pic of it.
    The other problem is that PacParts no longer carries the bands for this particular model, and from what I've been able to find, the bands to this model are unique, matching the bezel design. Is there a model similar to this with bands still available, that will look 'close enough' to the 6800?

Thanks,

-Synch
    regards,
    gerry fonklover

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Thanks for the heads-up. I was surprised they would have it and not PacParts.
    And, of course, Synchronicity 2!

Update: D'ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! PacParts just called and said they no longer have the bezel for the DW-6800, even though it's been listed on their inventory list for over a month.
    Last edited by Synchronicity; December 31st, 2008 at 19:12.
    "Time enough at last"

Ok, now I have a pic of the "film." When I use a soft cloth to gently apply pressure to it, it will stick back on the module, but within a day or so, it will pull back up. The waviness in the pic begins at the top of the module and arcs across to the Date and Seconds numbers.
    Attached Images Attached Images

"Time enough at last"

Thanks for the heads-up. I was surprised they would have it and not PacParts.
    And, of course, Synchronicity 2!
    greetings from "many miles away...."
    regards,
    gerry fonklover

Re: DW-6800 questions (updated with pic)

Bumpity-bump!
    Has anyone had this problem with a G module before? Is there some way I can permanently fix this?
    "Time enough at last"

Re: DW-6800 questions (updated with pic)

Bumpity-bump!
    Has anyone had this problem with a G module before? Is there some way I can permanently fix this?
    None of mine have that problem. Must be some way to 'glue' it down, but would want to be very careful that nothing else gets messed up. I'm wondering if a silicone oil/grease would work. That is inert and clear. Not really a glue, but sticky and will not evaporate.

Lightbulb Re: DW-6800 questions

Ok, I believe I have found the problem!!
    I read "The G-Shock Hacker’s Handbook" and on pages 12-14, there's a pic of the "polarizing film" being pulled off the glass to be stealthed.
    So, knowing this, what sort of adhesive can I use to reattach the film?
    The doc mentions the new film bought for the stealthing as already having adhesive on it, so where can I buy it if I can't find the film?
    "Time enough at last"

Thread Information