DW-6800 tech question

Thread: DW-6800 tech question

Question DW-6800 tech question

I recently bought a DW-6800 vintage G-shock, it actually looks almost new. After becoming a little more familiar with it I realized that the alarm does not chime and the auto-light feature doesn't seem to work.

I am going to assume that the seller probably lost the spring (learned about this right here on th forum- thanks). Is there something that you all can think of that would not allow the auto-light feature to work?

This is for DW-6800 module 1288. I can set the feature but it doesn't seem to work. I get the little icon in the right side when I hold down the upper right button but the light won't come on when I hold the watch up to my eyes. Is there something I am missing??

This watch does have the auto-light feature, doesn't it???:oops:

Thanks in advance.

Re: DW-6800 tech question

To the best of my knowledge.. this model does not have a auto el.

The "auto-EL" function on the DW-6800 is not the same as the new, "flick of the wrist" auto-EL. All it means on the older modules is that the EL will blink when the alarm goes off.
    A pretty useless function most of the time and one that I keep switched off.

Nice watch, the DW-6800.

Kevin

Quote Originally Posted by r-rod
    I recently bought a DW-6800 vintage G-shock, it actually looks almost new. After becoming a little more familiar with it I realized that the alarm does not chime and the auto-light feature doesn't seem to work.

I am going to assume that the seller probably lost the spring (learned about this right here on th forum- thanks). Is there something that you all can think of that would not allow the auto-light feature to work?

This is for DW-6800 module 1288. I can set the feature but it doesn't seem to work. I get the little icon in the right side when I hold down the upper right button but the light won't come on when I hold the watch up to my eyes. Is there something I am missing??

This watch does have the auto-light feature, doesn't it???:oops:

Thanks in advance.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Lightbulb Thanks Devori- Upon further research.......

You got me thinking Devori, So I went looking online for the manual for the 1288 module.

After finding the manual, you are right sir, the "star" icon actually enables a flashing backlight that works in conjunction with the alarms(when set). I guess the auto light feature had not been introduced yet.

This is good news then as the only malfunction on my watch is the alarm (no chime) which I hope can be fixed in-expensively at Casio Service here in Orange County, Calif.

I am really digging these Old school "square" mil-style G's, I just bought a DW-5300 this evening to go with this DW-6800. I hope it arrives in as good a shape as the 6800 did.

Quote Originally Posted by r-rod
    you could try making a new spring, or using one from a broken springbar

Thread Information