DW-6900 Module 3230
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: DW-6900 Module 3230

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

DW-6900 Module 3230

Hello everyone, I just thought to share some of my experience with this particular G-Shock. As many of you know this watch isn't solar or atomic and not ABC. I got this watch several months ago. It was my first ever G-Shock watch. After getting it I quickly accumulated a DW-9052, DW-5600E, and a G-9000 along with many other Casio and Timex models. So, this watch went back into a box and sat mainly unused. About two weeks ago this all changed. I recently had acquired a Timex Expedition Compass watch and tried to wear it all day everyday.

My job requires the use of count-down timers as well as accuracy for time keeping. As much as I liked the Timex T49612 it just wasn't cutting it. For one, comfort at night was somewhat of an issue (yes, I always wear a watch, always), and every time I used the compass hiking/climbing it would cause the Timex to loose time. The same thing happens with using the count-down timer, the user begins to loose time. I do not know if this is common with all T49612 watches or just mine.

Anyways, I began to become displeased with these annoyances. Re-enter the DW-6900. To put it simply this watch is turning out to be a wonderful hiking and climbing companion. It takes lots of vibrations, scrapes, and scratches. Changes in altitude (4200ft-7647ft so far) and temperature do not seem to affect the accuracy while wearing the watch. It is also proving once again to be an excellent gym watch. My workout glooves don't activate any of the buttons so the light doesn't keep coming on or my timer stopped! It is still accurate to the second after setting it to the NIST atomic clock after more than a week.

This watch has not been off my wrist for over a week; showers, hot-tubs, cooking, washing dishes, work duties, weight-lifting, etc have all been inflicted upon this watch. This watch isn't the fanciest Casio has to offer, far from it. It is just a very basic watch. The 3230 module displays the current time in the timer and stopwatch modes. It has an auto repeat feature for the timer which is 24hr max. Also, the timer can be set to the second! The alarm mode is the only mode in which current time is not displayed.

The alarm is as loud as the DW-5600E to my ears. The date has a pre-programmed calender for up to 2099. The module offers 12hr/24hr time modes. The mineral crystal is thick, ~4mm. The bezel does a good job with protecting the mineral crystal from bumps and scrapes. Four out of the five pushers are metal. When using the count-down timer at work throughout the day there as been no loss of time. It has an hourly chime and flasher feature.

Some people consider the 3 eyes to take up unnecessary space; not me, I find them fun to look at if I happen to get bored or need a break from work. The illuminator feature works for as long as you hold the button down. All-in-all I find this watch to meet my needs. I am considering getting a clip-on compass for this watch. I have become a fan of the DW-6900 with the 3230 module.
    Attached Images Attached Images

d2mac, jzoo, Ash1979 and 9 others like this.

Re: DW-6900 Module 3230

A classic and an icon.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Indeed, you can't go wrong with this classic time piece.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Glad you re-discovered the DW6900 .

Some may dis-like the DW6900 for the wasted real estate but I'm neutral to that design as well, as that's what gives it its unique character.

One can never go wrong with a DW6900 and a DW5600 or its variants.
    Ash1979 likes this.

...fantastic watch. The only thing I change on mine is the strap - the plastic buckle sticks out too far and looks cheap.
    flying likes this.

Excellent watch, t minus! To me, THIS is the G-Shock, having deposed the 5600. The shape is iconic, the crystal is better protected than that of the 5600, and the alarm is slightly louder. But much like children, we cannot play favourites. So, the 5600 fits better under jackets, has a nicer buckle, and is slightly more discreet.

I had a vibrating Timex too, and it failed the test to become a daily wearer, by spontaneously resetting itself every so often. Great timer features, fantastic legibility, really loud alarms, but you could not depend on it.

One thing about both the DW-6900 and DW-5600 series though: both of these are "basic" modules. They do just what I want them to do, no more, and that superbly. When you have to count on a watch, these ones are the best.
    Kev55 and flying like this.

+1

I am also more than happy with the DW-6900's
    They have everything I need in a perfect sized package
    I cannot find any fault with them + they just plain makes me smile for some reason
    Kev55 and t minus like this.

Well it appears that my particular DW-6900 gains 1 second every two weeks. That ain't too shabby. Now it is time to see how my DW5600E compares in accuracy after two weeks. My Waveceptor always has issues syncing with the NIST, this is aggravating. I actually like syncing the time myself. It is great to know that my DW-6900 can be so accurate. If the gain stays consistent then the watch would be 24 seconds fast after a year. Amazing accuracy for such an inexpensive, easy to operate watch.
    flying likes this.

Hi zabat, yes, the crystal is definitely better protected on the DW-6900. I really like that as I have already attained a small scratch on the face of my less than one year old DW-5600E while servicing my vehicles. It really pissed me off but at least the scratch is one the lower left portion of the crystal which does not protrude into the LCD section. I agree that these simple watches are the way to go when you need dependability.
    Last edited by t minus; October 3rd, 2015 at 19:44.

Very nice!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information