a dw-8700 after grandma´s snoring night...

Thread: a dw-8700 after grandma´s snoring night...

a dw-8700 after grandma´s snoring night...

i ordered a dw-8700 some weeks ago and was already annoyed it didnt arrive, cause when i order a watch i am really into it and sometimes lose interest after some weeks, also with this watch, cause i got another one while waiting for it (a JP-200w, which meassures your pulse, a vintage piece i found for 1,5€, YES, on the flu market oh my god!).

last night my mum and grandma visited me cause they wanna visit a tv talk show in the vienna city, they found no hotel. so both ladys sleep in my single room. and grandma snores all night, hell of a night...

normally i never reach the mailman, cause he comes when i am at work. exactly today, when granny was here in the morning he finally brought my 8700. they called me on phone a package has arrive, my day was made!

classic!
    now i wear it, and i must say its the best fitting shock for my wrist ever! its not as big as the dw6900, little bigger than the g9000, so next to the dw-5600 its my 4th gshock (and next to some other vintage casio like marlins...). its not as heavy as a 6900 but still solid.

the dw-8700 with its simplicity is a classic g-shock like he dw6900 or 6600. i wonder its not more famous.
    especially i like the perfect symmetry, and the shock resist symbol at the bottom. the protection writing on the top in red colour. the light button in red- great! the little arrows on the side of the display.
    the buttons are very deep inside, covered very well, which can be an advantage or not. not so easy to reach and press but doesnt get pressed by accident.
    the functions are the same as on the 6900.
    the band is the same as on the dw6900.
    mine was made in korea, i got it from ebay for 11 euro! what a bargain.

i add a foto with copyright seiya.

questions are welcome
    regards
    gerry
    Attached Images Attached Images

Re: a dw-8700 after grandma´s snoring night...

I also bought one recently for a very good price, as did another member. I think it's a very good, solid, classic looking G-Shock. I wonder if the lack of a 5th button for the light makes it less popular. It shouldn't, because as you point out, the light button has the red, plastic cover so it's easy to find in the dark if you forget it's position.

Perhaps my one criticism is the graphics seem to take up a large amount of display space, but probably no more than the eyes on a 6900.

I've just looked at the seller's feeback where I bought mine, and another has recently sold ridiculously cheap. Whatever the reason, I say take advantage and snap one up!
    "The future is something which everyone reaches at the rate of sixty minutes an hour, whatever he does, whoever he is." C S Lewis

Thats nice, I always did like plenty of graphics on any G Shock, the more the better!
    Real men don't need instructions.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I like the graphics, they just seem to dominate the display a bit on this one. I'd prefer them slimmed down slightly and have bolder digits. It's a trivial thing though, and I love the watch.
    "The future is something which everyone reaches at the rate of sixty minutes an hour, whatever he does, whoever he is." C S Lewis

What a coincidence! I just bought this watch today too

Its quite small for a g-shock but that suits me fine as i have small wrists.

Wink Re: a dw-8700 after grandma´s snoring night...

Hi Gerry,

I bought the exact watch on the picture from Seiya-San for a nice price, though I think it was considerably higher than €11.-

Congratulations with this nice watch. Wear in good health!

Cheers,

Sjors
    There are only 10 kind of people. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Bezoek ook eens het Nederlandstalige WUS forum: Kaliber 2010

Thread Information