DW004 bezel to be fitted on DW003?

Thread: DW004 bezel to be fitted on DW003?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11
  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    7

    DW004 bezel to be fitted on DW003?

    Hi guys/gals,

    First of all in new to this forum and I hopes yall all the best... :)

    Actually I'm having problem finding parts for my DW003. The bezel crack and I cant seem to find anywhere selling it..I'm looking for new or used parts will be fine. then I came across someone selling a DW004 at reasonable price(owner stated that the watch was left for a few years, no batt and unknown condition) . It looks like very similiar but I just want to make sure if they fit my DW003. if it fits I'll just buy it and get the bezel for my DW003.

    help are much appreciated..thanks in advance

    Regards
    Bernard

  2. #2
    Member Tsip85's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    The Republic of Texas
    Posts
    4,386

    Re: DW004 bezel to be fitted on DW003?

    I see old 003s pop up on ebay all the time. I don't know if the bezel from an 004 will fit, as I think the buttons are different shapes/sizes. I did the same (sort of) a while back. I bought an old 003 hoping the bezel would fit my 002. Not even close. If you don't have any luck, let me know. I was hoping to eventually find a good working module for the 003 I have because I really like the look of the bezel. But, I rekon I could part ways with it to see someone eles' beloved G brought back to life. Do you have a pic or a model number of your 003? What color?
    Hook 'Em!!

    "One who is good at making excuses is seldom good at anything else." ---- A. Wiseman




  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    7

    Re: DW004 bezel to be fitted on DW003?

    Quote Originally Posted by Tsip85 View Post
    I see old 003s pop up on ebay all the time. I don't know if the bezel from an 004 will fit, as I think the buttons are different shapes/sizes. I did the same (sort of) a while back. I bought an old 003 hoping the bezel would fit my 002. Not even close. If you don't have any luck, let me know. I was hoping to eventually find a good working module for the 003 I have because I really like the look of the bezel. But, I rekon I could part ways with it to see someone eles' beloved G brought back to life. Do you have a pic or a model number of your 003? What color?

    Hi Tsip85, thanks for the reply. My DW003 (1596) was in blue color.
    same as this = https://forums.watchuseek.com/f94/dw0...-a-117407.html

    maybe I'll meet the seller tomorrow to try out if it fits..
    really wanted to make it back alive..

  4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    7

    Re: DW004 bezel to be fitted on DW003?

    hi, I came to this...
    inside a DW003
    G-SHOCK DW-003-1596

    and inside a DW004
    G-SHOCK DW004-1597

    the engine looks the same in this 2 pics, any comment? should i go for it?

  6. #5
    Member Tsip85's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    The Republic of Texas
    Posts
    4,386

    Re: DW004 bezel to be fitted on DW003?

    Looking at the pictures side by side, I say no. The bezel for the 004 is very different fromthe 003. Look at the size of the opening for the buttons on the sides, and also the spacing between them. Also, the "G" light button is a different shape. I don't think this will work out for you, IMO.
    Hook 'Em!!

    "One who is good at making excuses is seldom good at anything else." ---- A. Wiseman




  7. #6
    Member handieeeeee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    huntsville, AL
    Posts
    832

    Re: DW004 bezel to be fitted on DW003?

    Quote Originally Posted by Tsip85 View Post
    Looking at the pictures side by side, I say no. The bezel for the 004 is very different fromthe 003. Look at the size of the opening for the buttons on the sides, and also the spacing between them. Also, the "G" light button is a different shape. I don't think this will work out for you, IMO.
    Very different as you can see from this pic.
    Name:  2011-03-12_00-03-37_404.jpg
Views: 1146
Size:  117.7 KB
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    Casios:
    BG-182V-1V#DB-34H (needs forward button)#3 DW-003-9V 1597#DW-003-4V 1597#DW-004 Xtreme 1826#DW-5600E 1545#DW-6630B-9 1199#2 DW-6900 1289#DW 6900 1557#DW-6900WCJ-9ER (FIFA)#5 F-91W (4 need batts)#G-2300 2184 (won't turn on)#G-2500 2266 (looking for a new module)#TRW-100 (Needs new seal...leaks)#W-93H (Crystal and screws)Fossils:FS-3042Relics:ZR-11431 (bat)Mathey Tissots:MT-MGSRB-4081 (bat & crystal)

  8. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    7

    Re: DW004 bezel to be fitted on DW003?

    sorry, i posted the wrong link to the DW003(without front view of the engine,
    here's the new link..
    DW003
    G-SHOCK DW003-1597

    DW004
    G-SHOCK DW004-1597

    the front view loos exactly thr same on size and buttons location, just the screen were different..

  9. #8
    Member Tsip85's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    The Republic of Texas
    Posts
    4,386

    Re: DW004 bezel to be fitted on DW003?

    HAndieee, that's a great comparison shot. I've never seen an 004 up close, and I didn't realize how big they were. It looks like it's about as chunky as an 002. You wouldn't happen to have an 002 that you could do a similar comparison shot with, could you. I've always preferred the 002s over the 003s due to their thickness. Just feels and looks like a bulkier watch (the way I like my Gs!).

    Btang, judging from the pic Handieeee posted, I don't think the 004 bezel will work for you.
    Hook 'Em!!

    "One who is good at making excuses is seldom good at anything else." ---- A. Wiseman




  10. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    7

    Re: DW004 bezel to be fitted on DW003?

    okay, what if i take my dw003 engine to put into the dw004? coz the engine looks like the same size...

  11. #10
    Member handieeeeee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    huntsville, AL
    Posts
    832

    Re: DW004 bezel to be fitted on DW003?

    Quote Originally Posted by Tsip85 View Post
    HAndieee, that's a great comparison shot. I've never seen an 004 up close, and I didn't realize how big they were. It looks like it's about as chunky as an 002. You wouldn't happen to have an 002 that you could do a similar comparison shot with, could you. I've always preferred the 002s over the 003s due to their thickness. Just feels and looks like a bulkier watch (the way I like my Gs!).

    Btang, judging from the pic Handieeee posted, I don't think the 004 bezel will work for you.
    Sorry Tsip I don't own a DW-002 that I have with me. I think I have one in storage, but I have been unable to find my watches in storage.

    Quote Originally Posted by btang83 View Post
    okay, what if i take my dw003 engine to put into the dw004? coz the engine looks like the same size...
    That might work but wouldn't bank on it.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    Casios:
    BG-182V-1V#DB-34H (needs forward button)#3 DW-003-9V 1597#DW-003-4V 1597#DW-004 Xtreme 1826#DW-5600E 1545#DW-6630B-9 1199#2 DW-6900 1289#DW 6900 1557#DW-6900WCJ-9ER (FIFA)#5 F-91W (4 need batts)#G-2300 2184 (won't turn on)#G-2500 2266 (looking for a new module)#TRW-100 (Needs new seal...leaks)#W-93H (Crystal and screws)Fossils:FS-3042Relics:ZR-11431 (bat)Mathey Tissots:MT-MGSRB-4081 (bat & crystal)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •