Dw5000

Thread: Dw5000

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Dw5000

Hi All
    First post, I found my old G-Shock today. It was my first watch, I bought it in 83 before I went to basic. I paid $49.99 for it at Bambergers in the Oxford Valley mall in PA. I would like to get a new cover and band for it to restore. I would also like to get it serviced as the gaskets have never been changed!!! The last time the watch saw water was in 2001 it hit 120 feet on someone elses wrist ( there watch died before the dive). I wore this watch the whole time I was in the Army every school and every day and night. I know you guys (and gals) can understand the sentimental value. I did a search for parts before posting and did'nt find anything so if anyone can steer me to a place for parts and service that would be great thanks.
    Lloyd

Re: Dw5000

Quote Originally Posted by Shovelrider
    Hi All
    First post, I found my old G-Shock today. It was my first watch, I bought it in 83 before I went to basic. I paid $49.99 for it at Bambergers in the Oxford Valley mall in PA. I would like to get a new cover and band for it to restore. I would also like to get it serviced as the gaskets have never been changed!!! The last time the watch saw water was in 2001 it hit 120 feet on someone elses wrist ( there watch died before the dive). I wore this watch the whole time I was in the Army every school and every day and night. I know you guys (and gals) can understand the sentimental value. I did a search for parts before posting and did'nt find anything so if anyone can steer me to a place for parts and service that would be great thanks.
    Lloyd
    Lloyd
    I'm right over in Newjersey and I've been to the Oxfordvalleymall in Pa. many times as it's only half an hour away,I think it's a great mall. This link should get you everything you need. I order from them about once a year,but sometimes it takes a little while. Just enter the model number in and do a search,you can still find all of those parts with ease including the oring. www.pacparts.com Let me know how it works out. Ps. Bamburgers really brings back some memories.

Thanks for the link. I just found a complete kit on e-bay for $29.99. Pacparts did'nt have it. Do you remember the circle ramp in the middle of the mall by Penny's? I stopped in there a few years ago and while I was being billed out I commented to my wife that the ramp was gone, the salesperson who looked like she could have been Yoda's kindergarten teacher said they took that out years ago. Another childhood memory gone!!!

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Thanks for the link. I just found a complete kit on e-bay for $29.99. Pacparts did'nt have it. Do you remember the circle ramp in the middle of the mall by Penny's? I stopped in there a few years ago and while I was being billed out I commented to my wife that the ramp was gone, the salesperson who looked like she could have been Yoda's kindergarten teacher said they took that out years ago. Another childhood memory gone!!!
    I do vaguely remember a walk up ramp in that mall. I have to stop in there again sometime soon. I must also hit another blast from the past up that way called the red raven on rte. 1.

lau

Hi All
    Lloyd
    Llyod,

DW5000 is rarely shown here.
    That's cool you have kept it and used it so long !

Did you check this site http://www.casiosalesandservice.com/iStar.asp?a=29 ?

Could you post photos of it before you refurbish it ?

lau

I took pics, but I can' figure out how to upload. I thought there was a sticky but I can't find it. If you can steer me towards it or I'll email them to you.
    Thanks
    Lloyd

pix are up :gold
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks for the help, now I have to wait for the new parts.

I took pics, but I can' figure out how to upload. I thought there was a sticky but I can't find it. If you can steer me towards it or I'll email them to you.
    Thanks
    Lloyd
    That is a great looking g,I would rebuild it and store it away. Be very careful backing out the tiny screws because they have a tendency to snap off easily. If any of them start to bind on the way out[Stop]. If you want it tp remain a collector's item,put the same slotted screws back in. I usually use a tiny bit of antiseize on them in case I want to remove them again. If you don't plan on it being a collector's item then you can purchase phillips type replacements which are thought to be a little more durable. If you change the battery,the original is a cr2320 which are very difficult to find. If you need them I can let you know where to get them. If you plan to swim or dive etc. with it I would definately replace the oring. These orings in my opinion are garbage once you tighten the case back down on them and then remove them. It seems like a lot of rambling,but it may help you. Many of the forum members can give you excellent advice if you need it. Good luck

Quote Originally Posted by stockae92
    pix are up :gold

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH H!!!!!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information