DW5400 in need of an overhaul

Thread: DW5400 in need of an overhaul

DW5400 in need of an overhaul

I recently renewed my interest in Gshocks after decades off. Just picked up the AWG101 and made a separate post on that model. However, I have the DW5400 pictured below that I want to 'renovate'. I've read a number of posts on this board regarding this and similar models. I know the 5400 bezel is tough to come by but if anyone knows of a source please let me know. Otherwise, I will have to settle on the 5600 but I much prefer the round look. As well, a new band is needed as I had many over the years and after discovering the 5400 sitting in a drawer in the basement, the current band could not be resuscitated.

Any help with the bezel issue is appreciated (I continue to scan Ebay).

Thanks.

Re: DW5400 in need of an overhaul

I believe that the DW-5400 uses the same bezel and strap as the old DW-5700. Here is a link to a thread that may prove helpful in your quest.

https://forums.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?t=82514

If you manage to bring it back to life, please post some pics. We don't see that model very often.

You can use the square bezel...5600 type...The original 5700 bezel is very dificult to find...
    One brazilian member of WUS have this bezel for you...

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Yes, the 5700 bezel is almost impossible to find... Thanks to the advice from this forum, I managed to get the 5600c bezel and strap from ebay seller vbeme (he has some more and is very trust worthy) and put it on my 5700 temporarily so I could use it. I really like it now, it looks cool. Of course, like you, I'm scanning the web looking for the original bezel as well.

Thread Information