DW5600 Series Question

Thread: DW5600 Series Question

buddha-g

Question DW5600 Series Question

Okay, way back when in oh, say 1987 or so, I bought my first G. On the back it says "DW5600" and Module "691". I loved (and still do!) that watch, and although I always liked watches I didn't have time back then for such things. I just needed a good, rugged watch. Well, somewhere around 1994 I bought another, larger version. It says "DW5300" Module "901". It was years later before I learned these were the "Speed" and "Mission Impossible" G-Shocks. That probably explains why I found them so easily back then.

Anyway, it's confusing. The 5300 came out AFTER the 5600 and is a bigger watch? Am I right? Something doesn't seem right somehow. My 5600 is rather small for a G at about 43mm wide (the 5300 is about 47mm wide). Which makes me wonder how large the current 5600E series are.

Can anyone tell me the dimensions on the current 5600E series? I actually prefer the larger model. Either way, I still think these all-digital G's are classic and virtually unbreakable.

THX

Re: DW5600 Series Question

DW5300 is in fact arrived later than DW5600C series

and module 901 arrived laster than module 691, that confirms the above

(you can't find any DW5300 with module 691 from factory)

the size of the current DW5600 is pretty close to the older DW5600C

even the size of G5600 tough solar is pretty much the same as the older DW5600C

only the THE G GW5600 is slightly bigger in size, but still, you won't notice the size difference unless you put them side by side for a comparison

but none of the current 5600's matches the solid feel of stainless steel case with screwdown case back B-)

Just to add to what has already been said, be aware that though the dimensions of the 5600 series have remained virtually unchanged the placement of the pushers has been changed slightly from model to model and the bezel and caseback screws have different head dimensions.

Just recently I took a GW5600E module, repaired a connection, replaced the battery and seal and polished the crystal. The watch had a well worn bezel so I attempted to replace it with a J model bezel. It wouldn't fit because of the difference in pusher locations on the module. In addition, the bezel screws had a larger head. Finally located a new red lettering bezel which fit perfectly. The watch is mounted on Casio strap adaptors, a 24mm zulu and looks brand new.
    Best regards,

Mike Hogan
    [email protected]

"Go ahead laddie. Buy the watch."

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by buddha-g
    Okay, way back when in oh, say 1987 or so, I bought my first G. On the back it says "DW5600" and Module "691". I loved (and still do!) that watch, and although I always liked watches I didn't have time back then for such things. I just needed a good, rugged watch. Well, somewhere around 1994 I bought another, larger version. It says "DW5300" Module "901". It was years later before I learned these were the "Speed" and "Mission Impossible" G-Shocks. That probably explains why I found them so easily back then.

Anyway, it's confusing. The 5300 came out AFTER the 5600 and is a bigger watch? Am I right? Something doesn't seem right somehow. My 5600 is rather small for a G at about 43mm wide (the 5300 is about 47mm wide). Which makes me wonder how large the current 5600E series are.

Can anyone tell me the dimensions on the current 5600E series? I actually prefer the larger model. Either way, I still think these all-digital G's are classic and virtually unbreakable.

THX
    I don't know if anyone knows but the reason why the dw5300 came out after the dw5600c is because the ww5300 took it's spot back in 1984 or so.

Thread Information