DW5600C Feedback Etiquette
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: DW5600C Feedback Etiquette

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

DW5600C Feedback Etiquette

I just received a DW5600C that I won on eBay. The seller indicated that the watch was in good condition for its age. However, a quick rub with my thumb crumbled the bezel into many pieces.

Not to worry, I was expecting resin rot and I preemptively ordered a Brazil set just in case. Preparing for the worse, as it were.

My question is, if it is something that is so guaranteed it can go without saying should it affect feedback? If some random, less aware person won this watch they might be pissed.

Re: DW5600C Feedback Etiquette

That calls for negative feedback IMO. Condition is rather subjective and any important/pertinent details should be described in the description. If someone told me a watch was in "good condition for its age" I would not suspect resin rot, especially if I was an average buyer. I find many eBay sellers are lazy and cut and past generic item information as opposed to giving specifics. If an item is at all flawed or has issues aside from light wear and tear it should be documented in the description.

With the vast majority of my collection being Soviet era vintage watches, some as old if not older than me, I've bought at least a few that had problems once they got here that weren't apparent when I purchased them. Sometimes I just fixed it myself and let them know about the problem afterward, others I took it to the seller to work it out.

If it was me, before I left feedback I'd approach the seller by PM and advise him what had happened and maybe supply pix to back it up to see if he's open to working with you. Maybe he'll give you a partial refund. If you use the Item Not As Described heading it automatically opens a case with ebay, so whether you go that route or a more informal approach is up to you.

In my experience the seller has usually been more than ready to work with me. There's only been a couple occasions where it was a "less than pleasurable" experience for us both, and I came out on top in those instances anyway.

Good luck.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

It is possible the seller didn't know the bezel was in danger of falling apart. I would show them what happened and see how they respond, and leave feedback based on that. I have bought many vintage G-shocks in the past few years, and many times the bezels fall apart in shipping. I never complained about this, because I could always tell from the photos that the bezels were old and I planned to tear them off the minute I got the watch anyway.
    gaopa likes this.

I'm not sure how the seller mislead you. Is there any test for resin rot? In my experience the resin looks fine and then it just crumbles. Since you were aware if the watch's age and it had managed to stay in one piece until you handled it, (not to mention you already purchased spare resin) I would say the seller was as honest as he could be. Maybe if the seller claimed to be an expert on vintage Gs you might have a case. I would guess if the watch had a rough life, the resin would have failed a long time ago. I'm not the seller btw, but that just my opinion.

Sent from my Windows Phone using Tapatalk

For 2 reasons don't leave negative feedback in this case.

1. Just like buying a high mileage used car, hidden stuff is worn out and potentially going to need replacement, especially exposed plastic and watch bands. You knew this when in the market for a used item.

2. Retaliation. Leaving a negative depends on whether your own rating can afford a negative in return. It is usually not worth it. Leave a positive and then make your comment. Savy folks know to read the comments even for positive feedback.
    Today would be a good day to delete your Facebook account:

Here is why:

https://forums.watchuseek.com/f73/fa...l#post48047643

Quote Originally Posted by yankeexpress View Post
    For 2 reasons don't leave negative feedback in this case.

1. Just like buying a high mileage used car, hidden stuff is worn out and potentially going to need replacement, especially exposed plastic and watch bands. You knew this when in the market for a used item.

2. Retaliation. Leaving a negative depends on whether your own rating can afford a negative in return. It is usually not worth it. Leave a positive and then make your comment. Savy folks know to read the comments even for positive feedback.

I agree, don't be quick to leave a negative, but unless ebay changed the rules recently, sellers cannot leave negative feedback for buyers. Ebay removed this ability to avoid retaliation. It means buyers can essentially walk all over sellers and the sellers have little recourse. Good if you are buying, bad if you are selling. Sometimes a vindictive seller might leave positive feedback but write a negative message associated with it. (Never happened to me, but I heard about it)

I have left negative feedback only 3 or 4 times in nearly 800 transactions, and I have never received a negative. It is always best to try and work things out before leaving feedback. If a seller is rude or dismissive of your concerns, by all means leave a negative.

Also on the talk to the seller first camp. Give them a chance to explain or make it good to your satisfaction. A negative seller feedback cannot be reversed.
    gaopa likes this.
    seiko · orient · citizen · casio · timex · rolex · omega · victorinox · apple watch

Children need your help. Please share your blessings...
    GiveDirect -
    https://www.givedirectly.org/
    UNICEF - http://
    www.unicefusa.org
    CARITAS -
    http://www.caritas.org/
    NO KID HUNGRY -
    http://www.nokidhungry.org/
    Save The Children - http://www.savethechildren.org/

I go along with kung-fusion and peacemaker885, I would contact the seller and go from there.

Most ebay sellers, in my experience, want you to be a "happy camper" and will work to avoid negative feedback. I have over 800 100% positive feedback on ebay and would work with an unhappy buyer if the situation were to arise. Cheers, Bill P.

No big deal 5600c bezels are so available. Unless the seller said it's a new bezel I'd've pre-planned to throw a brand new kit on anyway.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information