DW5600E 1545 vs 3229 module question
Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Buzzbait
  • 1 Post By Buzzbait
  • 1 Post By Mike K
  • 1 Post By jrp316

Thread: DW5600E 1545 vs 3229 module question

DW5600E 1545 vs 3229 module question

So I have read that the main difference between the 1545 and 3229 modules is that the 1545 module calendar stops at 2039, but the 3229 module stops at 2099, but...

I just picked up a new 5600E tonight and the caseback is stamped 1545, but when I set the watch I noticed that the calendar goes all the way to 2099. So, what's up with that?
    "I'm just a man who loves savings... and pie."

Re: DW5600E 1545 vs 3229 module question

Maybe they used the wrong caseback.

Cheers, Sedi

Quote Originally Posted by Sedi View Post
    Maybe they used the wrong caseback.

Cheers, Sedi
    Holy crap I'm stupid. I was playing with it again and realized that I'm just completely wrong. HA HA HA I tested it again just to convince myself I wasn't crazy, and noticed that when I held the "advance" button down it went from 39-95 very quickly and I had just assumed that it was "2095" but nope, it's "1995"

So, all is well, I have a watch with a 1545 movement and the CORRECT caseback. LOL!!

Carry on, nothing to see here!
    "I'm just a man who loves savings... and pie."

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Ha ha, LOL. That was funny. Anyway, you can enjoy it until New Year's Eve 2013.

Cheers,

Sjors

Sent using Tapatalk!
    There are only 10 kind of people. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Bezoek ook eens het Nederlandstalige WUS forum: Kaliber 2010

Quote Originally Posted by LJUSMC View Post
    Holy crap I'm stupid. I was playing with it again and realized that I'm just completely wrong. HA HA HA I tested it again just to convince myself I wasn't crazy, and noticed that when I held the "advance" button down it went from 39-95 very quickly and I had just assumed that it was "2095" but nope, it's "1995"

So, all is well, I have a watch with a 1545 movement and the CORRECT caseback. LOL!!

Carry on, nothing to see here!
    You got the better module, IMHO. No tiny alarm spring to lose on the 1545 module, and it probably has a more robust module construction as well.
    Marrin likes this.

Since the combination of day and date repeats every couple of years it doesn't really matter on a watch that doesn't display the year.

cheers, Sedi
    Cheers
    Sedi

Quote Originally Posted by Sedi View Post
    Since the combination of day and date repeats every couple of years it doesn't really matter on a watch that doesn't display the year.

cheers, Sedi
    Agreed. Come 2040, we'll just need to reset the year to 2012, and then we're good to go for many more years.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4
    Brightz likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzbait View Post
    You got the better module, IMHO. No tiny alarm spring to lose on the 1545 module, and it probably has a more robust module construction as well.
    Sorry for bumping an old thread. I dont even know if wus master buzzbait is still active here, but is it true that the 1545 module is more robust than the 3229 module? Is it also true that the el is blue on the 1545? Tia

Quote Originally Posted by kcohS-G View Post
    Sorry for bumping an old thread. I dont even know if wus master buzzbait is still active here, but is it true that the 1545 module is more robust than the 3229 module? Is it also true that the el is blue on the 1545? Tia
    The EL on both of my DW-5600E's are bluish-green, but the older one was more "blue" and I was surprised at how much more "green" the newer 3229 appears.

The engineers at Casio would probably argue that both modules are equally robust, and I haven't seen any other complaints about the newer module. Without any hard facts to back it up, one person's opinion of "probably has a more robust module construction" sounds more like "they made 'em better in the good ol' days" than any sort of tangible proof. The tiny alarm spring to potentially lose sounds like "progress" in the form of "inexpensive, standardized parts that are interchangeable among different models," which would be less expensive for Casio to produce and therefore better for them.

Then again, since this is from a guy who demolished a Mudman with a baseball bat and a cinder block, maybe he DOES know something that we don't!

If you click on Buzzbait's name on the left side of the page, that will take you to his profile page, which shows his last activity as October 11, 2015.
    kcohS-G likes this.

I'm not Buzzbait, but I do have some experiences with both modules. As far as robustness (by my interpretation, longevity and durability), I'd say both modules are equal in that regard; the designs are extremely similar and are cased the same way. The 1545 is the older of the two and has the benefit of standing the test of time, but I've no doubt that the 3229 will prove itself worthy as well in time. I've only seen blue EL in 1545 modules, but I've seen both green and blue on 3229 so far.

As far as disassembly, modding and rebuilding goes, I prefer the 1545 over the 3229. As Buzzbait pointed out, there's a tiny alarm spring in the battery tray that's prone to falling out and can be fiddly to keep in place during assembly. The 1545 is about as basic in assembly terms as it gets.
    Marrin likes this.

Thread Information