I think the DW5600E will be updated inside of 12 months. Or more accurately the module will be updated because I think the case design is a classic
1. Introduced in 1996 - been quite some time since last update of venerable 5600 product line.
2. Calendar only until 2029. The watch, if purchased now, will likely outlast the calendar and it needs to be extended
3. I don't think the current solar/atomic 5600 models will become the standard - while these are great, Casio still needs an entry level (<$60) 5600 styled model.
4. Available for $30 on amazon! Maybe they are cleaning out inventory?
Things I'd like to see in the next version:
1. World time.
2. Longer battery life! Let's bring back the 10/10/10 concept
3. Multiple alarms