DW6900 accuracy question

Thread: DW6900 accuracy question

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

DW6900 accuracy question

I have seen accuracy comparison posts and it seems the standard China DW6900-1V isn't exactly one of the better time keepers. However, I was wondering if the Japanese marked (for example) DW6900MC-7A are any better?

Thanks,
    mike

Re: DW6900 accuracy question

I think a lot of it is luck of the draw as well. The DW-5600E has not done as well as others in these tests and I have a couple that aren't the best timekeepers. However, I have one 5600E that runs +2 sec a month, one of the most accurate G's I own.

After owning multiple DW-5600E's, DW-6900's and DW-9052's, I've found that the ones with bad timekeeping accuracy tend to come from China and Malaysia. The Japan and Thailand made ones tend to be much more accurate.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Only several of my G-Shocks are what I would call very accurate. My DW5600 is also one of the least accurate. My black Mudman and DW9052 are among the most accurate. They are all accurate enough though.
    "The future is something which everyone reaches at the rate of sixty minutes an hour, whatever he does, whoever he is." C S Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzbait View Post
    After owning multiple DW-5600E's, DW-6900's and DW-9052's, I've found that the ones with bad timekeeping accuracy tend to come from China and Malaysia. The Japan and Thailand made ones tend to be much more accurate.
    Good point, the accurate 5600E I have is indeed Thailand made. I also have a Japan D-5600 which is very accurate @ about +5 sec a month.

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzbait View Post
    I've noticed the exact same thing with my Chinese-made DW-6900! It gains more time than any other of my quartz watches by far. Too bad because it's one of my faves.
    It's always sunny in Boise!!

All mine have Thailand on the back, yet they all vary in accuracy.
    "The future is something which everyone reaches at the rate of sixty minutes an hour, whatever he does, whoever he is." C S Lewis

If you have a watch that is off buy more than 5 seconds a month and it bothers you that much you can adjust it. I had a couple that lost 30 or 40 seconds a month even on a fresh battery. That is compared to an atomic updated in the last 12 hours. It took about 3 weeks making small adjustments to the trim screw writing down how far I turned in it and the direction. Then resetting the watch to an atomic that updated within the last 12 hours. And making sure to write the gain or loss each day for the watch. And making sure not to loose parts. I left them apart on the table because I did not want to open them every day to make the adjustment. In the end I got each down to plus or minus 3 4 seconds a month. It just took some time and patience.
    Stan The Man

Careful what you wish for. YOU MAY GET IT!!!

Quote Originally Posted by stan2323 View Post
    If you have a watch that is off buy more than 5 seconds a month and it bothers you that much you can adjust it.
    I've done this to get a messed up G-Shock back to around 30 seconds a month, though I personally don't have the patience to get it to within 5 seconds. It's a good idea if you're not bothered about wearing the watch for quite a long time, and you want that kind of accuracy, and it's easy enough to do.

I'm not an accuracy freak or anything like that. But if I can spend another $10-$15 on a Japanese made 6900 and get a little better accuracy, hey why not? :) Probably get a DW6900MC-6A or 7A and put on a stock DW6900 bezel and strap. Maybe do a stealth treatment like Buzzbait did, I really like the looks of that.

Thanks again for all the input,
    mike

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information